- PC - Physical Contact
- Attenuation range +2.0 to +60 dB
- Absolute and relative attenuation setting
- FTTx ready
- Automatic stabilization of the output power even if the launched input fluctuates (level controller mode)
- Direct setting of the output power (level controller mode)
- Up and down arrow key to precise and fast manual setting
- Remote controllable via USB
VIAVI ’s Smart optical handhelds go beyond the basics: With more than 100,000 optical handhelds already in use, VIAVI continues the success story with the Smart optical handhelds. The Smart class helps your network move to the next level of performance. VIAVI ’s OLA55 Smart optical handhelds encompass a new, intelligent, and next level product line testing all optical signals and systems, including broadband, PONs, and Gigabit Ethernet. All of VIAVI ’s Smart optical handhelds provide: An extended number of calibration wavelengths the highest performance range in the industry. The SmartStar graphical user interface fast, easy, and straightforward operation. The SmartEnergy power supply management system. The SmartBag safe and hands-free operation and transport. Traceable measurements to international standards confidence in accuracy. A robust, shock-proof, and splash-proof design field operation. Quick start operation, requiring no warm-up time and reducing testing time.
The OLA-55 Smart Optical Level Attenuator is the latest design of the Smart class product range. In this unit more functions have been added to the well known OLA-55, which is a future-proof instrument system testing, installation, maintenance, and production of singlemode fibers. Due to minimized differential group delay (DGD), the OLA-55 is also suitable 40 Gb/s systems. Automatic level controller mode: Most applications require a defined power level rather than a certain level of attenuation. A standard attenuator only allows the setting of an attenuation value. Against it, the level controller mode of the OLA-55 allows direct setting of a precise and define optical power level. It integrates the function of an attenuator and a power meter and therefore avoids extra steps to adjust the power level with a separate power meter. Being in this mode the attenuator is automatically counterbalancing the changes of varying input power level and provides a stable output level.
- 2 - 2150/00.xx Optical Adapter (Must be chosen at time of purchase)
- 1 - 2277/90.02 MT-1S belt bag one instrument
- 4 - 2237/90.02 NiMH cells, Mignon/AA, 1.2 V
- 1 - Operating Manual, English