- Dual-wavelength version with 1310 and 1550 nm
- 35/33 dB dynamic range at 1310/1550 nm
- Integrated CW light source on OTDR port
- Built-in optical power meter and visual fault locator
- Large 5-inch touch-screen display
- Comes standard with a special hands-free bag
- Streamlined display interface shows setup, test, storage, and results data on one screen simplified fiber installation and fault location
- Predefined SmartConfig eliminates complex OTDR setup errors
- Software upgrade options to accommodate future needs
- Light, compact, hands-free design optimizes productivity task that are up poles or down holes
- Smart Link Mapper (SLM) eliminates OTDR interpretation errors without compromising on test time
VIAVI SmartOTDR is a simple, compact, upgradeable OTDR test solution based on the T-BERD/MTS-2000 platform dedicated to installing and troubleshooting optical fiber across premises, fiber-to-the antenna (FTTA), and fiber-to-the home (FTTH) networks.
The SmartConfig feature guarantees accurate, consistent, and repeatable results every time regardless of the operator's skill level and it eliminates setup errors requiring fiber re-tests and truck re-rolls.
The VIAVI SmartOTDR solution optical performance and testing features ensure that testing jobs are done right the first time.
Standard testing features include:
- SmartOTDR user interface with SmartConfig error-free setting
- Automatic macrobend detection
- Summary result table with pass/fail analysis
- FastReport on-board report generation
- Automated fiber inspection and pass/fail analysis software