- Saves money and reduces repeat faults with triple-play services testing capability
- One universal module covers VDSL2/ADSL2 single and bonded pair with vectoring
- Saves timethe same tip/A, ring/B leads test copper
- Verifies critical correct pair-bonding and provisioning, letting users segment single-line performance issues bonded groups
- Isolates faults stemming from bridged taps, noise, or poor pair balance using Hlog and QLN graphs and G.INP analysis
- Improves OpEx and field productivity when combined with StrataSyncTM, a cloud-based solution that displays assets, modules, versions, and locations; maintains accurate instrument configuration and setup; and provides visibility into instrument utilization
Service providers face significant challenges when ramping up their networks to provide advanced triple-play services with the same or better quality than cable/multiple switch operators (MSOs). Key to their success is cost-effectively increasing bandwidth to subscribers new IP video services over bonded asymmetric digital subscriber line 2+/very high-speed digital subscriber line 2 (ADSL2+/VDSL2). Internet Protocol television (IPTV) services require pristine xDSL service Layer 1 performance. Factors such as noise, crosstalk, pair imbalance, bridged taps, and other copper plant anomalies can be easily hidden when testing one pair at a time. Designed the outside plant, the VIAVI HST-3000 meets those challenges head-on.
Featuring the latest Broadcom Corporation chipset, the new service interface module (SIM) tests bonded-pair ADSL2+/VDSL2 by terminating both pairs of a bonded group. The HST3000 Broadcom SIM also supports legacy ADSL1, ADSL2, ADSL2+, VDSL2, and vectored VDSL2 in the same module, so technicians can easily switch between testing bonded and non-bonded services without the need to swap modules. Further, the module lets technicians work smarter and faster to test copper and xDSL using the same dual tip/ring/ground interface leads both service turn-up and copper fault isolation.
The lightweight, rugged, and battery-operated HST-3000 with the Broadcom SIM cost effectively scales to provide an all-in-one solution field installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting across a wide range of triple-play service test applications.