- Kit Includes: Optical and Electrical Traffic Options
- Proves acceptance Service Level Agreements (SLAs) via industry-standard RFC 2544 test; ensures repeatable and reliable results so providers can reduce operating expenses by quickly turning up circuits or detecting problems
- Measures quality of service (QoS) parameters including throughput, latency, jitter, and error ratio with the capability to do so on a specific VLAN or Q-in-Q tag to allow fast analysis of triple-play networks
- Available in either a full tester or a loopback-only configuration. This allows the same loopback function of a fully featured test set at a fraction of the cost. Both versions are interoperable with the Viavi carrier Ethernet portfolio to enable capex red
- Provides comprehensive physical tests to validate error free cable and fiber connections and data layer tests to verify circuits can accurately pass data or IP traffic
- Designed front-line technicians with little Ethernet or IP experience; provides an easy-to-use interface in 10 languages and comes complete with training information
SmartClass Ethernet CSC-ETHTR-P2 offers a unique, economical combination of feature-specific functionality, while providing an easy-to-use, cost-effective Ethernet solution physical layer cable testing, layer 2 and layer 3 traffic generation, and full RFC-2544 testing.Rugged,battery-operated,and applicationspecific, this test tool enables field technicians to turn up Ethernet and IP services by running an RFC-2544 test or by following a set of methods and procedures. It is configurable as either a far-end loopback device only or a full RFC-2544 compliant traffic generator. The SmartClass Ethernet is designed front-line technicians who may not have experience dealing with emerging Metro Ethernet technologies yet need a solution Ethernet and IP testing. Available in 10 languages, the tool may be configured as an optical or electrical only test set.