- Reference oil (included) may be used for calibrating and adjusting tester
- Ergonomic handle and rugged construction
- Cleanable under running water (IP65 rated)
- Large, illuminated back-lit display
- LED visual alarm indication
- Hold and auto-hold functions
- Measuring range: 104 to 392 degrees F (40 to 200 degrees C
- Housing: ABS / ABS-PC fiber glass 10%
The Testo 270 (0563 2750) Cooking Oil Tester easily, quickly and reliably determines the quality of cooking oil. To do so, it measures Total Polar Material (TPM) content in the oil and displays this as a percentage. As the oil is used, TPM increases. For every deep fried food, there is a point where overused oil will compromise the taste and presentation of that food. Measuring the %TPM level assures that the quality of the oil is optimized without fear of endangering the brand. In addition to this, a % TPM reading of greater than 24 can cause health concerns. Regular measurement with the testo 270 can prevent this. The use of the oil tester also prevents changing the oil too soon, thus tossing away a very expensive commodity before you should have.
The testo 270 stands out thanks to its ergonomic design, which prevents the direct exposure of the hand to the hot oil. The clear alarm via the colored backlit display makes it even easier to evaluate the quality of the cooking oil: Green means the TPM content is OK. Orange: TPM value is borderline. Red: Your TPM limit has been exceeded. The TPM limit values can also be individually defined, and can, like other instrument configurations, be protected from inadvertent configuration changes by a PIN.
|0554 2650||Testo 0554 2650 Analyzed Reference Oil for 270 Oil Tester, 100 ml||