- Key Features
- Pre-Installed Upgrades
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- Options & Accessories
- Service Plans
- Used for Monitoring And Compliance Checking In Video Distribution And Broadcasting, Quality Control In The Video Production And Post Production, and Equipment Qualification And Troubleshooting In The Installation And Maintenance Of Video Facilities And Systems
- Simultaneous A/B Input Support Extends Monitoring Functions (SIM Option)
- Full Dual Link Support For High-End Production, Post Production and Manufacturing Applications (DL Option)
- Numerical And Graphical Display Of A/V Delay (AVD Option)
- The WFM7020 and WFM7120 Support HD, SD, And Composite Video Formats
- FlexVu™ XGA Display Increases Productivity
- CaptureVu® Video Frame Capture (WFM7120 only)
- Exclusive Tektronix Gamut Displays Help Ensure Compliant Content
- Patented Timing Display Simplifies Plant Timing
- Lightning Display Is Ideal For Maintaining Correct Inter-Channel Timing
- Extensive Fault Monitoring, Status Reporting, And Error Logging Simplify Content Quality Control
- Standard And User-Definable Safe Area Graticules Help Avoid Errors And Rework In Editing And Format Conversion
- Front Panel USB Port For Easy Storage And Transfer
- Network Access And Control Supports Remote-site Monitoring
- Fully Digital Processing For Accurate, Repeatable, Drift-Free Operation
- Audio Control Packet Provides A Decoded Display Of The Embedded Audio Information
- System Upgrades Can Be Done Over The Network Or Via USB
The SD-capable WFM6120 offers high performance monitoring and measurement capabilities. It can be configured to monitor either NTSC/PAL analog video (Opt. CPS), SD Digital Video (Standard), or both video formats. Available audio options offer support for monitoring digital audio (embedded and AES/EBU inputs), analog audio, and Dolby audio formats. Available measurement options offer in-depth digital data analysis and SDI signal measurements, such as Eye diagrams and jitter as well as in-depth video data and ancillary data analysis (Opt. DAT). AV Delay Measurement capability (Opt. AVD) can also be added to the WFM6120.
Video waveform displays can show digital video signals in RGB, YPbPr, YRGB, or composite formats with flat or low-pass filtering. Waveform displays or composite analog video signals can show NTSC and PAL signals with luma, chroma, and luma+chroma filtering. Signal components can be displayed in either parade or overlay mode, and in composite format displays with setup selection.
Vector, Lightning, and SCH Phase Displays
The vector display offers user-selectable graticules, color targets (75% and 100%), and color axis. The Tektronix Lightning display shows luma and chroma amplitudes and lets the user verify component inter-channel timing using a color bar signal. The SCH Phase display helps quickly verify this critical timing parameter of composite analog video signals.
Tektronix Exclusive Gamut Displays
The patented Tektronix Diamond, Split Diamond and Arrowhead gamut displays simplify the process of verifying gamut compliance. The Split Diamond display helps easily identify and correct RGB gamut errors in digital video signals. The Arrowhead display saves time in verifying the gamut compliance of the composite video signal generated from a digital video signal. With FlexVu you can simultaneously monitor both gamut displays to quickly gain complete confidence in content compliance throughout the delivery chain.
The patented Tektronix Timing display makes facility timing easy through a simple graphical representation which shows the relative timing of the input signal (the circle) versus the reference signal (the crosshair).
For proper timing, the circle is centered on the crosshair and changes color from red to green. The display also has numeric readouts of the timing difference relative to the reference signal, showing vertical timing as number of lines and horizontal time difference in μsec. With the SIM option Analog to Digital Timing of the input signals or Digital to Digital timing is also possible.
A full-color picture display shows the video content of the monitored input. The instrument can display the picture on the full-screen, or on up to four views in a multiple-view display. For different input formats, the picture display automatically adjusts to show the full image content. The picture display can also show content advisory codes and decoded closed caption data (EIA608 Formats) for easy verification of this critical ancillary data.
Editors can choose from several Safe Area graticules on the picture display to quickly verify correct placement of graphics, titles, or logos. Graticule choices include the Safe Action and Safe Title Graticule defined in the SMPTE, ITU, and ARIB standards, plus custom, user-definable graticules. Using FlexVu, editors can see two or more pictures with different graticules to verify correct placement for different formats and standards.
The user can also select brightup conditions that show the location of RGB or composite gamut errors on the picture display. Line and sample brightups show the location of the currently selected line or video data sample. The Blanking mode provides a quick check as to whether ANC Data is present.
Alarms, Quality Statistics, and Logging
All models offer a variety of displays for status at a glance signal monitoring and quick, thorough content verification. Using the alarm status display, operators and technicians can quickly detect video faults including gamut, EDH, and CRC errors, SDI format problems, and many more. The instrument offers several alarm notification methods, including on-screen error icons, audible beep, ground-closure output, and SNMP traps.
For verifying and documenting content compliance, the Video Session display shows key status information on the signal plus quality statistics like errored seconds and percentage content with errors. To support unattended monitoring, and to supply documentation for maintenance records or service level agreements, the instrument logs alarms and other key events (such as format changes). Log entries can be time-stamped with date, time-of-day, and time code reference (VITC, ATC or LTC). All models also offer extensive ancillary data monitoring. This includes monitoring the presence of closed caption content formats defined by EIA608, EIA708, and ARIB standards. With the Simultaneous Input Option Error Logging from the dual inputs is combined in a single error alarm display with the source of the error indicated in the status bar.
Simultaneous A/B Inputs
This option allows two input signals to be monitored simultaneously allowing operation staff to quickly determine if a video quality problem existed in the input signal, or arose within their facility. Engineering staff can quickly detect, isolate, diagnose, and resolve technical problems introduced by a piece of video equipment or a video equipment chain by quickly comparing the input and output signals. This is especially helpful when checking for transparency during format conversion.
- Flexible configuration of displays from two monitored inputs, including waveform/picture and waveform/audio
- Simultaneous fault detection, status reporting, alarm generation and error logging
- The Patented Tektronix Timing Display can be used for facility timing allowing each source to be measure, either to an external reference or to the other input signal
- Audio and Video Sessions are independent for each channel
- The SIM option also allows Digital-to-Digital or Analog-To-Digital Timing
- By using the Saved Offset you can save the timing from one signal and then show the relative timing between the current signal and the saved offset
SMPTE 372M Compliant
- Automatic configuration using SMPTE 352M Video Payload ID
- Waveform, Vector, Gamut, Picture, Timing, Status Displays
- Most Monitor Operations are the same as normal HD/SD-SDI monitoring
- Both inputs are automatically combined and timing differences between the A & B link are automatically compensated for
- Timing Measurement shows Link B to Link A Timing
- Selectable Display of Alpha Channel if present in picture mode or WFM traces
- Embedded Audio in both links can be monitored for presence but the number of channels the user can display does not change
The Tektronix AV Delay Measurement is intended for out of service use as part of a normal installation or maintenance process. This option gives the installer or maintainer an added dimension of testing to insure complete system integrity. The combined graphic and numeric readout accommodates a variety of needs for ease of use, speed and precision
- The AV Delay Measurement uses the unique video and audio sequence available in the TG700 HDVG7/DVG7 Modules with A/V Timing Mode enabled
- The graphical display provides a distinctive zero reference indicator and the A/V measurement indicator visually aligns with this reference indicator when the system under test has neither advanced nor delayed the test signal's audio component relative to its correct temporal position
- The instrument can measure up to ±150 video fields of variation from the audio signal's correct temporal location in the test signal
- AV Delay results are displayed in units of milliseconds and fields
- The A/V delay measurement has a resolution of 1 video field
- A/V delay accuracy is ±1 video field
SDI Signal Measurement And Data Analysis
The WFM6120 offers options for monitoring and measuring SDI signal parameters:
- For basic SDI signal monitoring, Option EYE has Eye pattern displays, plus readouts of jitter and cable length measurement parameters
- For more complete SDI signal measurement, Option PHY has all the capabilities of the EYE option plus a jitter waveform display and automated Eye parameter measurements
An easy-to-interpret jitter gauge augments the numeric jitter readouts. The jitter waveform display available with Option PHY lets engineers examine signal jitter in greater detail related to the video line and field rates with selectable filter bandwidths (10Hz-100kHz) for Timing and Alignment jitter.
An SDI signal status display summarizes key signal parameters. This includes signal strength, cable loss and cable length based on the user-selected cable type. With FlexVu, you can simultaneous display timing and alignment jitter values, cable parameter measurements and different Eye Patterns to help quickly diagnose and resolve problems related to SDI jitter or cable attenuation.
To help efficiently detect and diagnose errors in digital video data, the WFM7120 offer Option DAT, containing a color-coded data word display, logic waveforms of the video data, and a display of data words in user-specified ancillary data packets.
Signal Inputs and Outputs, Peripherals, Communication
The digital video options (SD Standard) and (HD Opt.) have two SDI inputs and a switched output of the selected input signal. The analog video option (Opt. CPS) has two composite analog video inputs with passive loop-though outputs. The instrument senses the input format and automatically configures the required settings. It will signal a format mismatch if the applied external reference format is not compatible with the input signal.
The front-panel USB port makes it easy to store captured data or instrument settings on a USB memory stick and transfer this information to another instrument. All models have a 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection and offer remote access and control with a standard Web-browser. You can use this interface to download presets and error logs, or print the screen contents for easy record keeping.
For simple remote control, a ground-closure type remote interface can indicate an alarm condition or execute instrument presets. An SNMP interface allows easy integration with network management software.
|WFM612062||Tektronix WFM612062 Analog Audio Breakout Cable, 6 feet, male 62-pin connector to 8 Xlr Male Output Connectors and 12 XLR Input Female Connectors||
|Cabinets & Rackmounts Kits|
|WFM7F02||Tektronix WFM7F02 Portable Cabinet for the WFM6120, WFM7020, WFM7120||
|WFMRACK-NN||Tektronix WFMRACK-NN Dual Rackmount Kit for 2 LCD-Based models||
|WFMRACK-ON||Tektronix WFMRACK-ON Dual Rackmount Kit for Various Models||
|Data Sheet:||(221 KB)|