- Key Features
- Pre-Installed Upgrades
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- Service Plans
- Portable Instrument that is Ideal for Field Production Setup and Troubleshooting
- Operates with Internal, Rechargeable, and Replaceable Battery Unit; External Recharger Kit and a Battery Unit for Replacement is Available as an Option
- Optical SDI input and output monitoring compliant to SMPTE297 (Option SFP)
- Coaxial cable simulation test loop for secure system installation
- One SDI Input and one MULTI Input with Multiformat, Multistandard Support:
- The MULTI Input can be configured as SDI, AES or LTC input
- Standard support for Dual link (SMPTE372) format using both SDI Inputs
- Upgradeable to include 3G-SDI (Level A and Level B) format support (Option 3G)
- 3G/HD/SD Color Bar and Pathological Signal Generator with Genlock and Moving Picture / Circle for Troubleshooting Signal Paths and Equipment (Note: SD/HD SDI generation is standard. Option 3G is required for 3G-SDI signal generation and Option SFP is required for optical signal generation)
- Comprehensive Audio Monitoring Tool
- Up to 16-channel Embedded AES/EBU Audio
- Multichannel Surround Sound Display and Flexible Lissajous Display
- Audio Loudness meter available in Audio Display (Option LOUD)
- Dolby E Metadata Decode and Peak Level metering (Option DBE)
- Dolby E Guard Band meter with User-defined limits (Option DBE)
- AES Audio Test Tone Generator for Embedded and AES Output
- Ability to Display Waveform of External Reference Signal and LTC Signal for Quick Diagnosis of the Potential Issues in Sync and Time Distribution System
- Tektronix-patented Diamond and Arrowhead Displays for Color Gamut Compliance Monitoring
- Comprehensive Data Monitoring helps to Quickly Resolve Difficult Content Quality and Reliability Issues (Option DATA):
- Simultaneous CEA708/608 Closed Caption monitoring; Teletext and OP47 subtitle monitoring
- Detect and decode ANC data including AFD, WSS, Video Index, TSID, V-Chip, Broadcast Flag/CGMS-A, VITC, LTC, and ANC TC
- ARIB STD-B35/B37/B39, TR-B22, and TR-B23 support
- ANC Data Inspector and SDI Data Analysis display helps troubleshoot ANC data and SDI data problems
- Variety of Monitoring Displays:
- Tektronix-patented Timing and Lightning displays makes facility and interchannel timing easy
- Extensive alarms, status reporting, and error logging for 10,000 events simplifies error correction tasks
- Voltage and Timing Cursor for precise measurement
- User-definable Safe Area Graticules and AFD Graticule facilitate editing and format conversion tasks
- Unmatched Display Versatility:
- Flexible Quad Tile display tailored to various application needs to increase productivity
- Full Screen mode that maximizes display size for precise adjustments
- Thumbnail Picture for content verification
- Unmatched Usability:
- 32 presets for quick recall of instrument settings
- USB port enables easy transfer of presets, screenshots, and error log
- Internal speaker and headphone port for easy monitoring of audio channels
- Intuitive menu structure and context-sensitive help
- High-brightness display with crisp, high-resolution LED backlight, ideal for indoor and outdoor usage
- SNMP capabilities facilitate centralized monitoring and control
- Super lightweight and low power consumption design for portable, battery-powered applications
- Field Production Setup including Installation and Maintenance Troubleshooting
- System Check Tool in Distribution and Broadcast
- Portable Engineering Tool in Manufacturing
The Tektronix WFM2200A Multiformat, Multistandard Portable Waveform Monitor provides an ideal solution for basic video and audio monitoring needs with an integrated high-brightness, low-power consumption LED backlit display in a convenient portable form factor. The Tektronix WFM-2200A is a versatile instrument can operate with an internal battery and DC input through an AC-DC converter unit.
Standard configuration provides multiformat support for HD-SDI (SMPTE 292), SD-SDI (ITU-R BT.601), and Dual Link (SMPTE 372) signal formats. The instrument provides automatic format detection, and with Option 3G supports Level A and Level B SMPTE 425/424 formats. The compliant SMPTE 297 optical interface (Option SFP) offers an input and output connection through an SFP transceiver module.
The cable simulator/stress capability helps the engineer to perform cable margin testing to ensure that the signal can be transmitted from point A to point B.
Audio monitoring support for up to 16 channels of Embedded AES/EBU Audio provides a variety of audio level bar monitoring, multichannel surround sound display 1 , and flexible Lissajous display. With Option DBE, Dolby E audio streams can be monitored and a peak level audio bar displays and metadata information are available. Also, an internal speaker or headphone port can be used for easy compliance verification of digital audio without the need for an additional piece of equipment.
This instrument provides the reliability of the Tektronix waveform monitors family in a portable, basic monitoring product. It offers uncompromised monitoring quality with sharp CRT-like traces, patented Gamut displays, picture thumbnail, display freeze, and an error log for 10,000 events for efficient content compliance verification.
- Video Monitoring Standards and Formats:
- 3G-SDI (Level A and Level B) – Option 3G
- High Definition SDI
- Standard Definition SDI
- Dual Link (SMPTE372)
- SMPTE297 optical interface (Option SFP)
- Color Gamut Monitoring:
- Arrowhead Display
- Diamond and Split Diamond Displays
- Digital Audio Support:
- 16-channel Digital AES/EBU (Embedded)
- AES/EBU Input and Output
- Audio Bar Displays
- Lissajous Display
- Surround Sound Display
- AES test tone generation for embedded and AES output
- Dolby E metadata analysis, peak level bar meter with metadata, no decode (Option DBE)
- Loudness meter (Option LOUD)
- Measurement and Analysis:
- Simultaneous CEA708/608 Closed Caption monitoring; Teletext and OP47 subtitle monitoring – Option DATA
- SDI digital data analysis – Option DATA
- ANC Data Inspector – Option DATA
- Color Bar and Pathological signal generation, with AES audio channel pair tone generator that can be applied to all 16 channels of embedded audio, and Moving Test Signal
Ease of Use
The intuitive user interface of the Tektronix WFM2200A provides backlit buttons and online help. 32 user-configurable presets allow users to recall commonly used configurations tailored to your personal work practices. These presets can be transferred to and from other units (same model) using the USB port. An Ethernet port allows for easy download of screenshots and the Error Log.
See and Solve with Tektronix Displays
The "See and Solve" displays in Tektronix video monitors simplify video monitoring tasks such as calibration, error detection, and content correction allowing the user to detect errors at a glance and troubleshoot them efficiently.
Tektronix displays offer the sharpest CRT-like trace quality for clear waveform monitoring with the look and feel of an analog display. The familiar video waveform display can show SD/HD/3G-SDI signals in RGB, YPbPr, YRGB, or pseudo composite. Signal components can be displayed in either Parade or Overlay mode. Cursors within the waveform display allow precise measurement of Voltage and Time to be made. The vector display offers user-selectable graticules, color targets (75% or 100%), and color axis.
With several sweep rates and easy control of vertical gain and horizontal magnification, you can efficiently monitor and measure video waveform parameters.
Specialized displays provide summarized, yet comprehensive reports of alarms, session, and status of content. Powerful displays such as Video Status show a condensed view of error statistics, signal format, presence of ancillary data, and more. These Tektronix-exclusive displays simplify monitoring tasks by providing important content information at a glance.
Errors in the displays can automatically be logged in the Error Log and provided as a report.
Wide Variety of Interface Support
In modern broadcast facilities, there are a wide variety of video and audio signal formats that require multiple tools to monitor the signal. The WFM2200A is able to support SD/HD/3G-SDI, AES/EBU digital audio, composite black burst or tri-level sync reference signals and optical SDI (Option SFP), which provides a one-instrument solution for a wide variety of formats.
The SDI A input supports SD/HD/3G-SDI (Option 3G) video signals. For a Dual Link SDI signal, both the SDI A and MULTI IN inputs are used.
The MULTI IN input also supports SDI, AES/EBU and LTC signals so that the user can easily determine the type of signal present on a cable.
The AES OUT and SDI OUT connectors are test signal outputs that can be configured as loop through outputs. The individual outputs for Audio and Video in conjunction with the SDI A and MULTI IN inputs allow the user to evaluate the variety of Audio/Video equipment that may require the audio/video signal with separate path.
The REF IN connector is used for receiving the analog composite or tri-level sync signal to measure the timing or check the sync status between sync signal and SDI signals. It is also used as a Genlock signal source for the generator function. In addition, the analog reference signal connected to this connector can be displayed as a waveform to quickly check the quality of the sync signal.
The optical SDI interface (Option SFP) is supported with a transceiver SFP module. The transceiver module provides both an input and output that can be used simultaneously. The output can be configured as loop output or as a test signal output. The SFP status display shows the module model name, mode, temperature and other status of the SFP module.
The STRESS LOOP connectors are a bi-directional passive signal path that can be used with a SDI test signal generated by the WFM2200A to test a signal path, or to add an additional cable length to a signal path to provide simple margin testing.
Quickly Diagnose and Isolate an Installation Issue
Within a broadcast facility, to maintain the SDI system it is important to ensure the health of the signal so that the clock and data are decoded correctly. CRC detection within the SDI signal can be used to count the CRC errors if present in the system.
The cable stress loop adds an additional 20 meters of Belden 1694A cable to the signal path. The use of the stress loop with CRC detection simplifies how to determine the cable margin of a system so that the user can quickly check they do not reach the “digital cliff” where the transmission error rate significantly increases.
Alarms, Quality Statistics, and Logging – Thorough and Fast Content Verification
The Tektronix WFM-2200A offers a variety of displays designed to show status at a glance, in addition to the status bar continually displayed at the bottom of the screen.
A comprehensive overview of the video content status is presented in the Video Session display. Offering a time-based summary of information, this screen is ideal for presenting evidence of compliance after content screening. Information on input format and session time is presented, along with statistics on Error Detection and Handling (EDH) / Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) and gamut errors.
The Alarm Status display provides continuous information on the state of each condition currently being monitored by the instrument.
To support unattended monitoring and QC applications, as well as provide documentation for service-level agreements, these instruments maintain an error log of 10,000 events, which facilitates the detection and correction of problems. Log entries are recorded with date, time of day, and time code (VITC, LTC, ANC). The error log can be downloaded to a USB flash drive or through a network connection to .TXT or .HTM formats for easy record keeping and processing on spreadsheets or database software.
Picture Display – Quick Visual Confirmation and Precision Content Adjustment
For a qualitative view of the content, a full-color Picture display is offered, which can be displayed as a full-screen presentation. This display is compatible with all input formats and features automatic adjustment for aspect ratio and number of active lines.
You can select bright-up conditions that show the location of RGB or composite gamut errors on the Picture display. The Line Select mode shows the location of the line currently selected within the Picture display.
Users can choose from several Safe Action and Safe Title graticules on the Picture display which help editors and operators easily identify incorrectly positioned video content such as graphics, titles, or logos.
Graticule choices include the Safe Action and Safe Title graticules defined in SMPTE RP218, ITU, and ARIB standards, plus two sets of completely flexible, user-definable graticules. These graticules facilitate editing tasks and reduce the need for format conversions.
Patented Tektronix Gamut Displays – Efficiently Detect and Allow Correction of Gamut Problems
The Tektronix-patented Diamond, Split Diamond, and Arrowhead displays simplify the process of verifying gamut compliance and are ideal for colorists, editors, and operators to visualize whether the content is RGB or Composite Gamut compliant with a single glance. Plus, they are designed to help isolate the Out-of-Gamut component just as easily. For SDI component content that is destined for broadcast in composite systems, the unique Tektronix Arrowhead display can be used to monitor Composite Gamut compliance without the need for a separate encoder. Within this display, a separate upper and lower luma-only gamut limit can be applied. Each of these displays offers user-selectable gamut thresholds so that operators can set monitoring limits appropriate to their specific operation and include a preset for EBU-R103. You can also select bright-up conditions to see the location of gamut errors on the Picture display. In addition, gamut monitoring is fully integrated with the powerful alarm logging and reporting capabilities of the instrument.
Quad Tile Display – Flexible Monitoring Configuration Customized to Suit Your Application
Tektronix offers multiple display options to suit a variety of applications that can be customized to the user’s needs. The Quad Tile display provides flexibility to increase your productivity. The user can configure four different displays within the one instrument. A maximum of two traces can be displayed, along with picture, status, and audio bars to create flexible monitoring configurations that can be saved as presets for quick and easy recall. For instance, a waveform parade, vector, picture, and audio bar display can be configured to monitor the audio and video signal simultaneously within the Quad Tile display. Unlike instruments with predetermined view combinations, Quad Tile lets you create a Quad Tile display tailored to your specific needs and work practices. Each tile can be configured to enable easy signal analysis such as multiple alarm and status screens, different Safe Area Graticules and cursors on each tile, and more.
Digital Audio and Video Monitoring in One Instrument
High-quality digital filtering and oversampling by the monitor ensures precise, reliable, and repeatable audio measurements. The instrument provides 16-channel embedded digital audio monitoring with Audio Bars, Lissajous Displays, Surround Display 1 , and a headphone port for easy compliance verification of digital audio without the need for an additional piece of equipment. Flexible mapping of the embedded audio inputs to the audio bar displays allows for a variety of audio mixes to be supported from multiple stereo signals to surround and stereo support.
The Surround Sound 1 display provides intuitive graphical representation of channel interaction in a surround sound system. The Bars display provides indication for faults, audio levels, and provides indication of the presence of a Dolby format. The flexible Lissajous display allows the selection of any two audio channels.
Loudness monitoring in a portable platform allows the user to verify on location that the audio levels are within the loudness measurement limits. A Loudness meter is available within the Audio display that provides Short and Infinite Loudness measurements. Within the Configuration menu, there are simple Loudness presets for the various standards such as ATSC A/85, EBU R128, and ARIB TR-B32.
Specialized audio displays provide deeper inspection of the signal and make the instrument a comprehensive compact waveform and audio monitor. The audio session displays summarize levels, faults, and number of active bits for each channel. These instruments also feature Audio Control Packet Data and Channel Status displays.
Facility Timing Made Easy
Synchronization is one of the most fundamental and critical procedures in a video facility. Every device in a system must be synchronized in order to successfully create, transmit, and recover video pictures and audio information. The intuitive Timing display clearly shows the timing offsets between HD and SD signals relative to the reference.
This Tektronix-patented Timing display makes facility timing easy through a simple graphical representation which shows the relative timing of the input signal and the reference signal (or a saved offset reference) on an X-Y axis. Simply adjust the timing of the equipment until the circle is within the center of the display for precise, direct measurements of vertical offset in number of lines and horizontal offset in μs.
The Lightning display shows luma and chroma amplitudes and helps users verify interchannel component timing using a color-bar signal. The Tektronix-patented Bowtie display complements the timing measurement capability of the Lightning display. Using a special Bowtie test signal in component format, this display helps make precise, accurate measurements of interchannel amplitude and timing.