- Inputs and Formats:
- Analog Composite (PAL & NTSC) and Component video support with auto format detection
- Four passive loop-through analog composite signal inputs
- Monitoring Capabilities:
- Waveform Display supports Composite or Component video for white and black balance and level checking
- Vector Display for Analog Composite signal allows system setup to specific chroma values
- SCH Display for color subcarrier-to-horizontal sync timing and color framing matching among edit sources
- Additional Analysis Features:
- Timing Display for measuring signal timing between each input and the reference
- VITC or LTC Time Code decode and display
- LTC waveform display for longitudinal time code amplitude and synchronization monitoring
- Screen capture for pictures and traces facilitate reference setting, troubleshooting and documentation tasks
- Video Session, Alarm Status and Error Logging for quick identification and easier correction of problems
- User Interface Tools:
- Four-tile FlexVu display capability
- XGA display with full screen Picture Display and Picture
- Thumbnail for easy signal source verification
- Ethernet interface for convenient freeze capture and error log download
- USB port enables screen capture download
- 32 User Presets for quick recall of commonly used configurations
- Additional XGA output for instrument display on external monitor
- Picture Monitor output for Analog Composite signal
- Ground-Closure for remote selection of input or preset recall
- Camera alignment and analog video equipment setup
- Compliance Checking in Distribution and Broadcast
- Content QA of Composite and Component video in Production and Post-Production
The 1741C is the latest analog waveform monitor from Tektronix that features user interface tools to simplify operations. Its precise displays provide high quality monitoring for traditional analog composite (PAL and NTSC) or component systems.
This instrument supports four analog composite signal inputs with waveform, vector, SCH and picture functions. The input ports can also be used for RGB signals.
The 4-tile FlexVu display and convenient picture thumbnail maximize the versatility of the 1741C.
For camera alignment, the user can display one, two, three or four waveforms simultaneously and overlay just as many vector displays, thus facilitating monitoring of multiple cameras during content acquisition.
Powerful tools such as timing display, VITC or LTC decode, freeze capture, video session, alarm status and error log allow.
Ease of Use
The Intuitive User Interface provides backlit buttons while the 32 user-configurable presets allows users to recall commonly used configurations tailored to your personal work practices. For remote operation, the Ground-Closure interface allows for remote selection of input or preset recall. Additionally, the user can download screenshots using the USB or Ethernet port.
The Error log can be downloaded using a web browser.
The unit provides an XGA output for instrument display on an external monitor and Picture Monitor output for Analog Composite signal.
Time and voltage cursors in Waveform display can be used as reference points or to measure values. User-defined labels allow for easy identification of input sources on screen.
See and Solve with Tektronix displays
The “See and Solve” displays in Tektronix video monitors simplify video monitoring tasks such as equipment setup, error detection and content correction allowing to detect errors at a glance and troubleshoot them efficiently. The FlexVu 4-tile display provides maximum flexibility to increase your productivity. With FlexVu, you can create a multi-view display tailored to your specific needs and work practices.
The Video Session, Alarm Status and Error Log displays are effective tools to verify the format and quality of the signal and allow for efficient detection and correction of errors by providing key content information at a glance. The error log captures up to 10,000 events and can be easily downloaded via web browser.
The freeze function on the 1741C allows comparing of the frozen display to the live signal, facilitating tasks such as reference setting. A bitmap of the display can be downloaded using a web browser for easy documentation.
With 32 user-configurable presets, operators can recall commonly used configurations for faster setup of the 1741C.
Sharp Waveform Display – clear measurements
Tektronix displays offer the sharpest CRT-like trace quality for clear waveform monitoring without pixelation distortions. With several sweep rates and easy control of vertical gain and horizontal magnification, you can efficiently monitor and measure video waveform parameters.
Full horizontal timing flexibility is provided with 1Line, 2Line, 1Field and 2Field sweep modes, with or without magnification.Both fixed and variable vertical gain is offered, each with the outstanding accuracy and repeatability that comes from a fully digital design.
The Line Select provides a line marker in full screen and thumbnail picture modes.
With the time and voltage cursors in the waveform display, users can easily reference points or measure values. Users can also define labels to quickly identify the input sources active on the waveform display.
The vector display is offered with selectable 75% and 100% targets. Each display automatically selects the appropriate graticule based on the input format. The vector display also offers user-selectable graticules.
Analog video multi-format support
For a qualitative view of the content, a full-color picture display is offered, which can be displayed as a full-screen presentation. This display is compatible with PAL and NTSC inputs with format auto-sensing.
Timing and Synchronization Made Easy
The patented Tektronix Timing display makes facility timing easy through a simple graphical representation which shows the relative timing of the input signal and the reference signal on an X-Y axis. The display also has numeric readouts of the timing difference relative to the reference, showing vertical timing as number of lines and horizontal differences in μsec.
The SCH Phase display helps quickly verify this critical timing parameter of composite analog video signals.
The 1741C provides VITC or LTC Time Code decode and display plus LTC waveform display for longitudinal time code amplitude and synchronization monitoring.
|1741CGSA||Tektronix 1741CGSA Analog Dual-Standard Waveform Monitor
Government-/GSA-Eligible Entities Only.
For GSA Price, Please Call
Direct: (339) 239-4066
See our GSA Listing
|Data Sheet:||(331 KB)|