- Key Features
- Pre-Installed Upgrades
- Post-Purchase Upgrades
- Options & Accessories
- Service Plans
- Two Serial Digital Inputs (SDI) and two High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) inputs with High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP):
- WVR5250 comes standard with auto-detection of 3G/HD/SD-SDI, Dual Link and HDMI video formats (3G-SDI requires Option 3G)
- HDCP support on HDMI input and HDMI output for connectivity with consumer electronics products such as Set Top Box, DVD/Blu-ray disk player
- Two-channel Simultaneous Monitoring (Option SIM)
- 16-channel embedded AES/EBU audio simultaneous monitoring support with Multichannel Surround Sound 1 display and flexible Lissajous display (Option AUD)
- Audio Loudness monitoring to ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771, EBU R 128, and ATSC A/85 recommendations (Option LOUD and AUD)
- Tektronix-patented Diamond and Arrowhead Displays for Color Gamut Compliance Monitoring
- Tektronix-patented Spearhead Display and Luma Qualified Vector (LQV) Display facilitate precise color adjustment for post production applications (Option PROD)
- Stereoscopic 3D Video Displays for Camera Alignment and Production/Post-production Applications (Option S3D)
- Comprehensive Data Monitoring helps to quickly resolve difficult content quality and reliability issues (Option DATA):
- Simultaneous CEA708/608 Closed Caption monitoring; Teletext and OP47 subtitle monitoring (Option DATA)
- Detect and decode ANC data including AFD, WSS, Video Index, TSID, V-Chip, Broadcast Flag/CGMS-A, VITC, LTC, and ANC TC
- ARIB STD-B35/B37/B39, TR-B22, and TR-B23 support
- ANC Data Inspector and SDI Data Analysis display helps troubleshoot ANC data and SDI data problems (Option DATA)
- HDMI / HDCP status with Extended Display Identification Data (EDID), which is information that helps users troubleshoot connectivity problems
- Simple 3G/HD/SD Color Bar and Pathological Signal Generator (Option GEN) for Troubleshooting Signal Paths and Equipment (Option 3G required for 3G-SDI test signal generation)
- Variety of Monitoring Displays:
- Tektronix-patented Timing and Lightning displays makes facility and interchannel timing easy
- Waveform display of external reference (Black Burst or Tri-Level Sync)
- Black Picture and Tektronix-patented Frozen Picture Detection
- Extensive alarms, status reporting, and error logging for 10,000 events simplifies error correction tasks
- User-definable Safe Area Graticules and AFD Graticule facilitate editing and format conversion tasks
- Unmatched Display Versatility:
- Flexible Quad Tile Display tailored to various applications needs to increase productivity
- TandemVu Display for efficient camera adjustments of luma and chroma
- Full Screen mode that maximizes display size for precise adjustments
- Unmatched Usability:
- 1RU height, Half-rack Width, Short-depth (5.5 in. or 14 cm) Instrument, Ideal for Space-constrained Environments
- 4-pin XLR DC Power Input with AC Power Adapter for both AC/DC Operation
- 32 instrument presets for quick recall of commonly used configurations tailored to colorists, editors, or operators
- Front-panel USB port enables easy transfer of presets, screenshots, and error log
- Front-panel headphone port for easy monitoring of audio channels
- SNMP and Ethernet remote interface capabilities and GPI control facilitate centralized monitoring and control
- DVI-I external display output for easy connection to digital or analog XGA display
- Content Acquisition with DSLR camera
- Quality Control (QC) at DVD / Blu-ray master disk authoring in Post Production
- CALM and Picture quality monitoring in distribution with STB output
- Color Correction and Manipulation
- Content Editing and Special Effects
- Content Quality Control (QC) in Production and Post Production
- Field Production Setup and Troubleshooting
The Tektronix WVR5250 SDI/HDMI Multiformat Waveform Rasterizer provides an ideal solution for basic video and audio (with Option AUD) monitoring needs with an integrated high-brightness, low-power consumption LED backlit display in a convenient 3RU, half-rack, short-depth form factor, suitable for space-constrained environments. The Tektronix WVR5250 Waveform Monitor can accept power from a 12 V DC source, a battery, or a 100-240 V AC converter.
The Tektronix WVR5250's SDI input provides multiformat support for HD-SDI (SMPTE 292), SD-SDI (ITU-R BT.601) and Dual Link (SMPTE 372) signal formats. The Tektronix WVR 5250 Waveform Rasterizer provides automatic format detection for 3G/HD/SD-SDI on each input. Option 3G is required for support of Level A and Level B SMPTE 425/424 formats. The Tektronix WVR-5250 has HDMI inputs with HDCP support that can be connected to encrypted (HDCP) consumer devices for monitoring the video and audio signals.
Optional audio monitoring support for the Tektronix WVR 5250 Compact Waveform Rasterizer for 16 channels of Embedded AES/EBU Audio (Option AUD) provides a variety of audio level bar monitoring, multichannel surround sound display 1 and flexible Lissajous display. A front-panel headphone port can be used for easy compliance verification of digital audio without the need for an additional piece of equipment.
The Tektronix WVR 5250 SDI/HDMI Compact Waveform Rasterizer provides the reliability of the Tektronix waveform monitors family in a portable, basic monitoring product. The Tektronix WVR-5250 offers uncompromised monitoring quality with sharp CRT-like traces, patented Gamut displays, picture thumbnail, display freeze, and an error log for 10,000 events for efficient content compliance verification.
- Video Monitoring Standards and Formats:
- 3G-SDI (Level A and Level B) – Option 3G
- High Definition SDI – Standard
- Standard Definition SDI – Standard
- Dual Link (4:2:2, 4:4:4, alpha channel, 10 bit, 12 bit) – Standard
- Multiple Input Mode (with Option CAM) allows simultaneous display of up to 4 inputs for various trace displays
- Color Gamut Monitoring:
- Arrowhead Display – Standard
- Diamond and Split Diamond Displays – Standard
- Spearhead Display – Option PROD
- Luma Qualified Vector (LQV™) – Option PROD
- Audio Monitoring:
- 16-channel Digital AES/EBU (Embedded) – Option AUD
- Audio Loudness Monitoring to ITU-R BS.1770-1 – Option LOUD
- Measurement and Analysis:
- Simultaneous CEA708/608 Closed Caption monitoring; Teletext and OP47 Subtitle Monitoring – Option DATA
- SDI Digital Data Analysis – Option DATA
- SDI ANC Data Inspector – Option DATA
- SDI Stereoscopic 3D Monitoring – Option S3D
- Color Bar and Pathological Signal Generation – Option GEN
Ease of Use
The intuitive user interface of the Tektronix WVR5250 SDI/HDMI Multiformat Compact Waveform Rasterizer provides backlit buttons and online help. 32 user-configurable presets allow users to recall commonly used configurations tailored to your personal work practices. These presets can be transferred to and from other units (same model) using the front-panel USB port. An Ethernet port allows for easy download of screenshots and the Error Log.
See and Solve with Tektronix Displays
The "See and Solve" displays in Tektronix video monitors simplify video monitoring tasks such as calibration, error detection, and content correction allowing the user to detect errors at a glance and troubleshoot them efficiently.
Tektronix displays offer the sharpest CRT-like trace quality for clear waveform monitoring with the look and feel of an analog display. The familiar video waveform display can show SD/HD/3G-SDI signals in RGB, YPbPr, YRGB, or pseudo composite. Signal components can be displayed in either Parade or Overlay mode.
With several sweep rates and easy control of vertical gain and horizontal magnification, you can efficiently monitor and measure video waveform parameters with the Tek WVR5250 Compact Rasterizer.
Specialized displays provide summarized, yet comprehensive reports of alarms, session, and status of content. Powerful displays such as Video Status show a condensed view of error statistics, signal format, presence of ancillary data, and more. These Tektronix-exclusive displays simplify monitoring tasks by providing important content information at a glance.
The Black and Frozen frame detection can be used to alert the operator to a problem in the transmission chain. These and other errors can automatically be logged in the Error Log and provided as a report.
Alarms, Quality Statistics, and Logging – Thorough and Fast Content Verification
The Tektronix WVR-5250 offers a variety of displays designed to show status at a glance, in addition to the status bar continually displayed at the bottom of the screen.
A comprehensive overview of the video content status is presented in the Video Session display for both SDI and HDMI interfaces. Offering a time-based compilation of information, this screen is ideal for presenting evidence of compliance after content screening. Information on input format and session time is presented, along with statistics on Error Detection and Handling (EDH) / Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC), gamut errors, and Black / Freeze frame detection. For an HDMI source, the HDMI formats (Colorimetry, Color space, Color depth, TMDS clock, HDMI/DVI ID, Pixel repetition rate, Quantization range), as well as HDCP status, are also presented. An EDID information display helps to diagnose connectivity issues when they occur.
The Alarm Status display provides continuous information on the state of each condition currently being monitored by the Tektronix WVR5250 Multiformat Compact Waveform Rasterizer.
To support unattended monitoring and QC applications, as well as provide documentation for service-level agreements, the Tektronix WVR 5250 maintain an error log of 10,000 events, which facilitates the detection and correction of problems. Log entries are recorded with date, time of day, and time code (VITC, LTC, ANC). The error log can be downloaded to a USB memory stick or through a network connection to .TXT or .HTM formats for easy record keeping and processing on spreadsheets or database software.
Picture Display – Quick Visual Confirmation and Precision Content Adjustment
For a qualitative view of the content, a full-color Picture display is offered, which can be displayed as a full-screen presentation. This display is compatible with all input formats and features automatic adjustment for aspect ratio and number of active lines.
The User can select bright-up conditions that show the location of RGB or composite gamut errors on the Picture display. The Line Select mode shows the location of the line currently selected within the Picture display. Users can choose from several Safe Action and Safe Title graticules on the Picture display which help editors and operators easily identify incorrectly positioned video content such as graphics, titles, or logos.
Graticule choices include the Safe Action and Safe Title graticules defined in SMPTE RP218, ITU, and ARIB standards, plus two sets of completely flexible, user-definable graticules. These graticules facilitate editing tasks and reduce the need for format conversions.
Support for 3G-SDI signal formats (Level A and Level B) (Option 3G)
The Datalist display provides detailed information on the actual data values in HD/SD-SDI and 3G-SDI (with Option 3G) input signals. Users can easily use this display to locate protocol errors in the input signals. (Datalist and ANC Data Inspector are not available for HDMI inputs.)
Digital Audio and Video Monitoring in One Instrument (Option AUD)
The WVR5250 (with Option AUD) provides high-quality digital filtering and oversampling to insure precise, reliable, and repeatable audio measurements. The instrument provides 16-channel embedded digital audio monitoring with Audio Bars, Lissajous Displays, Surround Display, and a front-panel headphone port for easy compliance verification of digital audio without the need for an additional piece of equipment. Flexible mapping of the embedded audio inputs to the audio bar displays allows for a variety of audio mixes to be supported from multiple stereo signals to surround and stereo support.
The Surround Sound1 display provides intuitive graphical representation of channel interaction in a surround sound system. The Bars display provides indication for faults, audio levels, and provides indication of the presence of a Dolby format. The flexible Lissajous display allows the selection of any two audio channels.
Superior Data Analysis Capabilities for Operators and Engineers (Option DATA)
The ANC Data Inspector provides an industry-leading solution to help broadcasters easily and accurately ensure that all required VANC data is present and correctly configured through an intuitive ANC data display. In contrast to other solutions, the ANC Data Inspector enables operators to quickly and easily ensure that the VANC data is present and free of errors. When errors are detected, engineers are quickly guided to a more detailed view of the data packet content for further analysis.
Closed Caption (CEA708/608) and individual Teletext subtitles can be simultaneously decoded and displayed within the Picture display. Teletext subtitle pages can be decoded in either WST or OP47 format.
Simple 3G/HD/SD Color Bar and Pathological Signal Generator for Troubleshoot Signal Paths (Option GEN)
A simple test signal (Option GEN) can be generated from the SDI output that produces 100% or 75% color bars along with pathological test signals. This can be useful for troubleshooting a signal path or piece of equipment without the need to carry an additional generator.
Loudness measurements (Option LOUD)
Loudness measurements are made to ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771, EBU R 128, and ATSC A/85 recommendations. A Loudness meter (with Option LOUD) is available within the Audio display that provides Short and Infinite Loudness measurements. The Loudness session display graphically plots Loudness measurements over time, from 90 seconds to 30 hours. The Loudness measurements can be downloaded through the network or saved to USB for further analysis.
Specialized audio displays provide deeper inspection of the signal and make the WVR5250 instrument a comprehensive compact waveform and audio monitor. The audio session displays summarize levels, faults, and number of active bits for each channel. These instruments also feature Audio Control Packet Data and Channel Status displays
Add Advanced Gamut Monitoring Package (Option PROD)
The WVR5250 also features new optional advanced color gamut monitoring capabilities (Option PROD) including the Tektronix-patented Luma Qualified Vector (LQV) display and Spearhead display that, when used in conjunction with Tektronix proprietary Diamond and Split Diamond gamut displays, provide the most comprehensive color gamut monitoring tools available for precise color gamut adjustments.
3D Stereoscopic Measurement & Quad Diamond Display for 3D Alignment (Option S3D)
For measurement of the depth of an object within the image (Option S3D) a Disparity Grid can be overlaid over the picture with a horizontal disparity between 1 to 15% of screen width and a vertical disparity of 50%, 25%, or 10% that can be selected by the user. The horizontal and vertical position controls allow the Disparity Grid to be moved around within the picture display to gauge the depth of objects within the image. A set of Disparity Cursors are also available for precise measurement of horizontal disparity of an object between the Left and Right Eye images. Readout is given of the pixel difference between the cursors and the percentage of disparity of an object.
The new Tektronix-patented Quad Diamond display (Option S3D) simplifies stereoscopic camera alignment by showing a disparity histogram of the left and right signal from a signal level of 0 to 100% vertically for each of the components: Luma, Red, Green, and Blue. If the two cameras are well balanced, then the trace will form a vertical trace for each of the diamonds. A deviation in the trace indicates an imbalance between the left and right eye images that should be corrected using the various camera controls until the trace becomes vertical. This display can also be used in post-production for aiding the editor and perform color correction on the left and right images.
Two-channel Simultaneous Monitoring (Option SIM)
Two-channel Simultaneous Monitoring (Option SIM) is ideal for monitoring multiple camera inputs or comparison of incoming and outgoing transmission chains. In mobile truck (OB van) applications this allows the operator to compare two different camera inputs with picture and waveform displays. This capability can also help operational staff quickly determine if a video quality problem existed in the input signal or arose in their facility. The Tektronix WVR5250's SIM option enables engineering staff to quickly detect, diagnose, and resolve technical problems introduced in a piece of video equipment by comparing the input and output signals at each point in the chain.