- 4 GHz frequency range
- Comes pre-installed with oven-based crystal oscillator (OCXO/Option E1) time base
- GPIB interface
- +/- 0.3 dB Amplitude accuracy
- -113 dBc/Hz phase noise
- Modes include amplitude modulation(AM), frequency modulation (FM), phase modulation (ΦM), and pulse modulation
- Analog and vector/digital signal generation capabilities
- Dual baseband ARB generators
- Analog modulation standard
- Low-Cost soft key upgrade to vector/digital modulation
- Digital modulation applications for GSM, EDGE, W-CDMA, APCO-25,
- DECT, NADC, PDC, and TETRA
- USB, GPIB, RS-232, and LAN interfaces
- Standard 3-year warranty
The TSG4104A-E1 RF Vector Signal Generator offers mid-range performance and up to 200 MHz modulation bandwidth at an entry-level RF signal generator price. A new technique provides spurious free outputs with low phase noise (-113 dBc/Hz at 20 kHz offset from 1 GHz carrier) and extraordinary frequency resolution (1 μHz at any frequency). TSG4104A-E1 comes standard with analog modulation, pre-installed with an oven-based crystal oscillator (OCXO) time base, and a GPIB interface.
Convenient, in-field software upgrades allow the TSG4104A-E1 to easily transition from analog to the more advanced vector and digital modulation capabilities, providing the most flexible configuration and best CAPEX protection. These instruments complement other leading mid-range RF test solutions from Tektronix, such as the USB-based RSA306 Spectrum Analyzer, and the MDO4000B and MDO3000 Mixed Domain Oscilloscopes.
Digital Modulation Applications
Option VM01 - GSM Application
Option VM02 - GSM-EDGE Application
Option VM03 - W-CDMA Application
Option VM04 - APCO-25 Phase 1 Application
Option VM05 - DECT Application
Option VM06 - NADC Application
Option VM07 - PDC Application
Option VM08 - TETRA Application
These instruments offer an oven-controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO) time-base. The time-base uses a third-overtone stress-compensated 10 MHz resonator in a thermostatically controlled oven. The time-base provides very low phase noise and very low aging.
Easy Remote Communications
Remote operation is supported with RS-232, LAN, and GPIB interfaces. All instrument functions can be controlled and read over any of the interfaces. Up to nine instrument configurations can be saved in non-volatile memory.