- AC/DC Measurement Capabilities
- DC – 50 MHz
- Automatic Scaling and Units 2 – Oscilloscope On-Screen Readout of Magnitude and Amps Reduces Measurement Errors with No More Hand Calculations
- AC/DC Input Coupling
- Low Insertion Impedance Reduces Device Under Test Loading
- Split-Core Construction Allows Easy Circuit Connection
- Status Indicators Provide Visual Operating Status and Notification of Potential Error Conditions – Degauss, Probe Open, Overload, Not Terminated into 50 Ohm, Noncompatible Probe Type
- Lower DC Drift and Noise Allows Improved Low-level Current Measurements
- Certified for use in U.S., Canada, and Europe. Complies with applicable IEC standards.
- Development and Analysis Solutions for Designers, Installers, and Service Personnel in Telecomm, Data Comm, Computer, and Semiconductor Power Electronics Environments For:
- Power Supplies (Switching and Linear)
- Semiconductor Devices (SCRs, IGBTs, MOSFETs, CMOS, BJTs)
- Power Inverters/Converters
- Electronic Ballasts
- Industrial/Consumer Electronics
- Mobile Communications (Phone, Satellite, Relay Stations)
- Motor Drives
- Transportation Systems (Electronic Vehicles, Electric Trains, Locomotives, Avionics)
Increased performance and simplicity
The Tektronix TCPA300 AC/DC Current Probe, DC to 15 MHz is a highly advanced current measurement system for today's current measurement needs. The split-core probes incorporate both transformer and Hall-effect technology to provide broad bandwidth measurement capabilities from DC up to 100 MHz at current levels as low as 1 milliamp to thousands of amps (when used with CT4 current transformer). When connected to Tektronix Oscilloscopes with TEKPROBE Level II, TekConnect (w/ TCA-BNC) or TekVPI (w/ TPA-BNC) interfaces, current measurements and calculations are simple and easy.
Additional measurement power is available with add-on software such as the TDSPWR2 power measurements package. With all this measurement power, current measurements have never been easier.
Meets today's AC/DC current measurement applications
The TCPA300 amplifier, when used with TCP303, TCP305, or TCP312 probes, provides a wide range of current measurement capability and spans the gap between low-level milliamp measurements to very high current levels. These three probes provide current measurement capabilities of 30 A, 50 A, and 150 A DC continuous. For even higher current levels, the TCPA400 amplifier with the TCP404XL current probe measures 500 A DC continuous and 750 A DC continuous, derated with duty cycle.
Higher frequency performance is available with the TCP312 w/ TCPA300 providing ≥100-MHz bandwidth and a maximum current of 30 A DC.
Measurement errors and manual calculations are now a thing of the past
With this new series of current measurement tools, automatic control and on-screen scaling and units is provided for users of Tektronix TDS3000, TDS500, TDS600, TDS700, TDS5000, TDS6000, and TDS7000B series oscilloscope systems (the DPO3000, DPO4000, and DPO7000 series oscilloscopes, the TPA-BNC adapter is required).
The TCPA300 Current Measurement Systems seamlessly integrate with your TDS series oscilloscope and the TDSPWR2 software package to easily make those time-consuming power measurements and calculations for you.
Even non-TEKPROBE systems can use the TCPA300 series to make proper current measurements by simply multiplying the measured output voltage on the oscilloscope by the TCPA300 series range setting.
* Requires a TDS TEKPROBE Oscilloscope or a TekConnect Oscilloscope with TCA-BNC