- ADDITIONAL PRODUCT(S) REQUIRED: TCPA300
- DC - 50 MHz
- Automatic scaling and units - Oscilloscope on-screen readout of magnitude and amps reduces measurement errors with no more hand calculations (Requires a TDS TEKSCOPE oscilloscope or a TekConect oscilloscope with TCA-BNC adapter)
- AC/DC input coupling
- Low insertion impedance reduces device under test loading
- Split-core construction allows easy circuit connection
- Status indicators provide visual operating status and notification of potential error conditions - degauss, probe open, overload, not terminated into 50 Ω, noncompatible probe type
- Low DC drift and noise allows improved low-level current measurements
- 3rd party safety certification
- Development and analysis solutions for designers, installers, and service personnel in telecom, data comm, computer, and semiconductor power electronics environments for:
- Power supplies (switching and linear)
- Semiconductor devices (SCRs, IGBTs, MOSFETs, CMOS, BJTs)
- Power inverters/converters
- Electronic ballasts
- Industrial/consumer electronics
- Mobile communications (phone, satellite, relay stations)
- Motor drives
- Transportation systems (electronic vehicles, electric trains, locomotives, avionics
The Tektronix TCPA300 amplifier, when used with Tektronix TCP305A, provides a wide range of current measurement capability and spans the gap between low-level milliamp measurements to very high current levels. The Tektronix TCP305A provides current measurement capabilities of 50 A DC continuous.
With this new series of current measurement tools, automatic control and on-screen scaling and units is provided for users of Tektronix TDS3000, TDS500, TDS600, TDS700, TDS5000, TDS6000, and TDS7000B series oscilloscope systems (the DPO3000, MDO/MSO/DPO4000, MSO/DPO5000, and DPO7000 series oscilloscopes, the TPA-BNC adapter is required).
Even non-TEKPROBE systems can use the TCPA300/400 series to make proper current measurements by simply multiplying the measured output voltage on the oscilloscope by the TCPA300/400 series range setting.