Simulator Product Manual
The AS-55 is a single line, telephone line simulator,
designed to be permanently installed between your computer and its telephone lines. To
your customers, the AS-55 is completely invisible, but to you, it will be invaluable. Just
leave a local telephone connected to the AS-55, and whenever you need to get your
messages, just take your local telephone "OFF HOOK" and the AS-55 will
automatically connect you to your Voice Card. If one of your customers is already using
your Voice Card, the AS-55 will give you a simulated "BUSY" signal.
If you get the "BUSY" signal, you can hang up the
local phone and try again later, or, you can use the AS-55's exclusive CALL-BACK feature
that will let your customer finish his business and then the AS-55 will "RING
UP" your local telephone and connect you to the Voice Card. The AS-55 even allows you
to interrupt a customer's call so you can access your Voice Card in an emergency.
||Hookup couldn't be simpler; you can connect the AS-55 to
either a single port or dual port Voice Card and then just connect a simple telephone to
the jack labeled PHONE. We have even installed an audio jack in the AS-55 that allows you
to record HIGH quality announcements onto the voice card, as well as allowing you to make
tape archives of all your messages. All of these features come together to give you
simplicity of connection, ease of operation and a hassle free working environment.
- Take your local phone "OFF HOOK".
- If the line is free, you will be connected to your Voice Card.
- When finished, hang up.
What if I get a BUSY when I go OFF HOOK?
- Wait until you hear a lower, steady tone.
- Now hang up and the system will call your local phone when the line is
What if I get a BUSY when I go OFF HOOK and I HAVE to get in?
- With the computer jumper J1 ON.
- Wait about 20 seconds; you will the Busy tone then hear a lower, steady
tone, then the system will break in and connect you.
How to record message from the system:
- Once you are in, connect the AUDIO jack from the AS-55 to the MICROPHONE
jack on any tape recorder.
- Start playing the messages and start the recorder.
How to load new Prompts from tape:
- Once you are in, connect the AUDIO jack from the AS-55 to the HEADPHONES
jack on your message source.
- Start playing the prompt and have the Voice Card record it.
HINT: Use a phone with MUTE for best quality.
How to turn on Forced Disconnect:
- Open the AS-55 (remove 4 screws from lid).
- Find the jumpers labeled J1 and J2.
- Pull the shorting block off of J1.
- Put the shorting block on J1 in the ON position.