- Displays the actual percent moisture content when used on wood
- Ultra portable pin-type moisture meter
- Uses same attachments as all other Protimeter meters
- Intuitive color LED and backlit LCD display
- Instant readings on a wide range of building materials
- Soft pouch
- User adjustable features:
- Auto shut off 1-6 mins
- Hold feature
- Backlight on/off
- Audible on/off
- Dry, At Risk and Wet Indicator on/off
The Protimeter BLD5702 Digital Mini can help building professionals-such as contractors, surveyors, home builders and architects—assess building moisture levels during new build and refurbishing activities. Excessive moisture in buildings can lead to decay and deterioration of components and decorative finishes. Professionals involved with the identification, management and remedy of moisture need tools that help them to:
- Identify the extent of the moisture penetration
- Diagnose the cause of the problem
- Monitor change in the moisture level
Protimeter moisture meters and hygrometers satisfy these requirements comprehensively. The BLD5702 Digital Mini is the preferred industry choice for surveying and investigating moisture in buildings.
Reliable Moisture Measurement
The BLD5702 is a reliable moisture meter that has a pin type measurement function and shows results on the large digital display as well as the easy to interpret color LED display. The instrument has an auxiliary port for optional moisture probes.
Measure Mode Pin-Type
Pin mode is used to measure the moisture level at the surface. Sub-surface measurements can be obtained by using the BLD5702 with optional probes, such as the Hammer Electrode for wood, Deep Wall Probes for solid walls and the EIFS probe for exterior insulation and finishing systems. Measure mode readings are precise and specific to the contact area of the electrodes that are used.
The BLD5702 Digital Mini is calibrated for wood, so displays the actual percent moisture content when used on wood. When used to measure the moisture level of materials other than wood, such as plaster or masonry, the instrument displays the Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) value of the material. The colour coded LEDs are synchronized with the digital display to provide information on the moisture condition of the material at the point of measurement.
Optional Moisture Probes
- Hammer Electrodes are used to obtain sub-surface measurements in wood. The heavy duty version is designed for frequent use in both hard and soft woods whereas the light duty version is designed for occasional use in soft woods.
- Deep Wall Probes are used to obtain measurements at depth in solid and composite walls. Clearance holes need to be drilled in the material to the required depth into which the Deep Wall Probes are inserted. The moisture gradient of the material can be identified by increasing the depths of the holes incrementally and then taking readings.
- EIFS Probes are ideal for measuring the moisture level within and through Exterior Insulation and Finishing Systems types of wall cladding.
|POL8751||Protimeter POL8751 Replacement Short QuikStick Sensor||
|POL4750||Protimeter POL4750 Single Replacement HygroStick||
|POU8800||Protimeter POU8800 Canvas Pouch for MMS2 BLD8800 Moisture Meter||
|BLD5802||Protimeter BLD5802 800 mm HygroStick Extension Lead||
|BLD5055||Protimeter BLD5055 Heavy Duty Hammer Electrode||
|BLD5018||Protimeter BLD5018 5" (127 mm) Deep Wall Probe||
|BLD5019||Protimeter BLD5019 9" (229 mm) Deep Wall Probe||
|BLD5086||Protimeter BLD5086 Calcheck device for pin-type meters||
|BLD5915||Protimeter BLD5915 Restoration Kit Case only for MMS2||
|BLD8800CAP||Protimeter BLD8800CAP Replacement Cap for the MMS2 BLD8800 Moisture Meter||