- Network Testing Features:
- Port Discovery
- Detects PoE per IEEE 802.3af/at with load test for voltage drop and which pairs the PoE is located on (class)
- IPV4 Support
- Ping to a specific IP or URL address
- Ping up to 8 IP targets at a time
- Link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
- Verifies DHCP connectivity and DNS
- Discovers CDP and LLDP Protocols
- VLAN Discovery
- Cable Testing Features:
- Bit Error Rate Test (BERT), Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR), SKEW
- BERT only test 100Mbps & 1Gbps
- Measures and displays length for each pair in feet or meters
- Improperly terminated cables are clearly displayed on a color graphical wire-mapping display
- Detects Length to Opens & Shorts
- Verifies Continuity for RJ45, and Coax cables
- Saves test results and easily uploaded to a computer
- Tone Generation
- ID Only remotes (Network and Coax) - up to 20 available
- Testing and ID Remotes - up to 8 available
The Platinum Tools TNC950AR Net Chaser Ethernet Speed Certifier offers a complete solution to test copper cables. The Net Chaser performs speed certification to test the data-carrying capabilities of electrical Ethernet network cable up to 1 Gb/s by testing for noise in the network, detecting faults in the cable wiring, and ensuring that cables are able to support the speed capabilities of active equipment.
- Speed Certification to IEEE standards 802.3
- Cable testing to TIA568A/B
The Net Chaser’s advanced discovery gives the clearest vision of network layout and interfaces between active components like servers, switches, routers, etc. All the information is collected, stored, and ready for reporting.
To certify Ethernet speed performance of copper cable runs, the Net Chaser handheld tester conducts Bit Error Rate (BER) tests by sending data packets down specified cable runs at defined data rates to check for errors at the maximum throughput of the link. The TNC950AR also reports on signal quality that can impact high-speed data transmission by measuring signal to noise ratio (SNR). Skew measurements report on the signal time delay between pairs that can impact Ethernet data transmission. The Net Chaser also provides continuity testing that detects opens, shorts, mis-wires, split pairs, reversals, and high-resistance faults while accurately measuring distance to faults and total cable length.
The TNC950AR Net Chaser includes a comprehensive set of features for testing active network capabilities: measure Power over Ethernet (PoE) to ensure the correct power is available on the correct pins, use Port Discovery to ensure the correct speed and duplex capability are available; connect at gigabit Ethernet and run ping tests to verify connectivity to IP hosts; discover network devices using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) or Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP); VLAN discovery; Trace Route function displays the path internet packets travel to reach a specified destination. The Net Chaser also saves test reports and exports to PCs.
|4007||Platinum Tools 4007 Hanging Pouch, Nylon||
|18301||Platinum Tools 18301 Female-to-Female F-type Adapter, Bag of 25||
|21025C||Platinum Tools 21025C RJ45 PortSaver Connector Contacts Testing Cable||
|TP150||Platinum Tools TP150 Cable Tracing and Identification Tone and Probe||