- From October 6th to October 31st receive and additional 20% off the Platinum Tools TFT100 Fault Trapper Meter Kit with Banana Plug Assembly and Plug-In Terminal Blocks. Use Promotion Code 2016NECA20
- In-line monitoring of energized dedicated circuits up to 300 VAC and 40 amps
- Allows unattended monitoring of intermittent or sustained electrical events
- No Splicing – Plug in with existing wiring
- Identifies opens, shorts and arc faults
- Detects the last event whether or not the breaker trips
- Runs on in-line power in monitor mode
- Fault location reported as distance from the Fault Trapper in feet/meters
- Timer logs elapsed time of tests
- Easy-to-use three-button operation
- Backlit LCD display for dark areas
- Back-up battery allows capture of breaker trips/unpowered display of results
The Plantinum Tools TFT100 Fault Trapper is a new class of tester intended to locate the distance to a circuit anomaly that is either intermittently causing a change in the circuit’s characteristics or blowing the circuit breaker. The Fault Trapper can capture and save up to two events (open and/or short) per test session and save them separately. If the circuit breaker trips, the backup battery powers the Fault Trapper to allow for an orderly shutdown. The last faults can be viewed using the battery power. An In-Line Adapter is used to isolate the circuit being monitored from the breaker panel and all other breakers.
Stop guessing about circuit breaker tripping issues
For the first time, you can detect the type of fault and locate the position of an electrical “event” that causes intermittent or persistent circuit breaker trips and No Fault Found (NFF) conditions, thus giving you the critical information needed to reduce call backs for circuit breaker trips.
The TFT100 Fault Trapper is a new class of tester using Spread Spectrum Time Domain Reflectometry (SSTDR) to monitor live circuits
Running on in-line power for extended battery life, it captures time and distance to Opens, Shorts and Arc Faults saving the event information in memory for later investigation. The in-line 40 Amp Module isolates the circuit being monitored from the breaker panel and all other breakers. The last faults can be viewed off-line using the back-up battery.
Fault Trapper allows unattended monitoring of energized dedicated circuits for NFF conditions
Just set it up, press the Test button to begin monitoring and walk away. Come back later or the next day to find out the why-when-and-where’s of circuit breaker trips and NFF conditions.