- Ping both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses
- Test TCP/UDP throughput
- Detects and reports advertised link speed and link duplex capability
- Tests the presence of VLANs
- CDP/LLDP/NDP and VLAN identification provides network configuration information
- Ping specific URL to verify WAN connectivity
- Blinks link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
- Display network devices & associated IP Addresses
The Platinum Tools TNP700 Net Prowler combines network testing (physical layer and link), cable verification, cable troubleshooting and PoE voltage testing in a handheld tester with a full-color display; all with the capability of saving and printing tests results from a personal computer.
Cable Verification & Troubleshooting
The TNP700 provides full cable testing on any category network, coax, or telephone cable. It will display wire map, numbered ID remotes, and any faults, including shorts, opens, miswires, split pairs, and reverses. The full-featured Net Prowler measures cable length (using TDR technology) and generates tone levels for signal tracing and cable identification on all pairs, a selected pair or a selected pin.
PoE Voltage Testing
The TNP700 enables quick identification of a network drops link capability and current link status. Net Prowler also Tests the presence of PoE on the network drop and what class of PoE per IEEE 802.3 af/at with load test for voltage drop. These network tests can also be saved for record keeping and printing.