- Outlet receptacle allows for direct plug-in of heating devices such as hot plates, heat tapes, or mantles
- Features USB output and software with real-time graphing and simple setup of ramp and soak programming
- Control type: on/off, programmable PID, autotune PID
- Resolution: 0.1°; 1° above 999.9° and below 99.9°
- Accuracy: Types J, K, T, E, and N: ±0.1% of reading, ±0.7°F (0.4°C) above 248°F (100°C); ±0.1% of reading, ±2°F (1°C) below 248°F (100°C) Types B, R, and S: ±0.1% of reading, ±1.8°F (1.0°C) Thermistors and RTDs: ±0.1% of reading, ±0.7°F (0.4°C)
- Display: LCD
- Digital output: USB
- Operating ambient: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C); 0 to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Control output: powered receptacle rated for 115 VAC, 15 A max
The Oakton WD-89800-03 Digi-Sense TC-9500 temperature controllers can be used for a wide variety of applications including pilot process plants, R & D labs, or for OEM requirements. Rear panel output receptacle for direct plug-in of heaters and other resistive devices. Field calibrations help to improve system accuracy by entering the offset value to correct for individual probe error.
Simultaneously view both the measured and set point on the two-line alphanumeric display.Temperature scale selectable to read in° F, °C, K (Kelvin), or °R (Rankine). Front panel LEDs indicate output and alarm conditions.
Advanced models feature heater output capacity of 1750/3450 watts max, ramp-and-soak profiling for more complicated processes, USB computer interface, free software that features real-time graphing and simple setup of ramp and soak programming, alarm relay with adjusted hysteresis, and 4 to 20 mA and 1 to 5 V outputs for connection to a recorder or data logger. In addition to thermocouple inputs, advanced models also accept RTD and thermistor inputs.
The WD8980003 Digi-Sense TC 9500 115 VAC model includes a 6-ft (1.8-m) power cord and US standard plug and receptacle. Built-in grid support bracket allows the unit to be mounted onto a laboratory frame or grid.
Safety featuresOutput power to load device is automatically shut down in the event of a broken sensor or control loop break. Over-temperature protection shuts down the system if the user-settable over-temperature or timer is exceeded. Outlet power receptacle is fused separately from the controller for added safety. Audible and visual out-of-range alarms are also included.