- Digital refractometer for sodium chloride measurements, with dual-level LCD
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC) between 10 and 40°C (50 to 104°F)
- Easy setup and storage
- Single-point calibration with distilled or deionized water
- Range: 0 to 28 g/100 g, 0 to 34 g/100 ml, 1.000 to 1.216 Specific Gravity, 0 to 26 °Baumé, 0 to 80°C / 32 to 176°F
- Resolution: 0.1 g/100 g, 0.1 g/100 ml, 0.001 Specific Gravity, 0.1 °Baumé, 0.1°C / 0.1°F
- Accuracy: ±0.2 g/100 g, ±0.2 g/100 ml, ±0.002 Specific Gravity, ±0.2 °Baumé, ±0.3°C / ±0.5°F
- 100 µL minimum sample volume (to totally cover the prism)
- Automatically turns off after 3 minutes of non-use
- Low power indicator (BEPS) with 9V AA battery type
The Milwaukee MA886 is a digital refractometer (optical instrument) that employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine sodium chloride concentration in aqueous solutions used in food preparation. It is not intended for sea water salinity measurements. The measurement of refractive index is simple and quick and provides the user an accepted method for NaCl analysis. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds the MA886 measures the refractive index of the solution. The digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for measurements where you need them.
The MA886 utilizes internationally recognized references for unit conversion and temperature compensation. It can display the measurement of NaCl concentration 4 different ways: g/100 g, g/100 mL, Specific Gravity, and °Baumé. Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement (on 3 of the ranges) on the large dual level display along with icons for Low Power and other helpful message codes.