- Heater and air pump provide necessary power and performance to deliver right amount of thermal energy
- Two LED displays provide graphical and numerical representation of desired airflow and temperature
- Microprocessor controlled, closed loop feedback system provides fast heating, precise and stable temperature control
- When hand-piece is placed in Work Stand, temperature will drop, prolonging heater life
- Automatically senses input line voltage and adjusts accordingly, allowing for worldwide operation without adaptors or change in performance
- Slim and ergonomic hand-piece design feels like a pencil, with rubber grip
- Includes six nozzles (1.5mm x 4.0mm) w/nozzle plate holder inside Work Stand
- Easily change heaters and nozzles in seconds
The Metcal HCT2-120 Digital Handheld Convection Tool is ideally suited for light rework applications, ones which use smaller components and integrated circuits; it was developed for very small surface mount component sizes (1206’s and smaller) and low board densities.
The HCT2-120’s small nozzle sizes and precise and controllable airflow and temperature allow the operator to target only the desired component. As component miniaturization continues (i.e. 01005 components) the ergonomics of a pencil allow users more freedom to access and rework components on the board without affecting adjacent parts. Larger handheld convection systems commonly reflow and dislodge adjacent components, due to a higher minimum airflow.
|HCT-HTR-120||Metcal HCT-HTR-120 120W Coil Assembly for HCT2-120 Digital Hot Air Pencils||
|HN-120KIT-6||Metcal HN-120KIT-6 6-Piece Nozzle Kit for HCT2-120 Digital Hot Air Pencils||
|HCT-WS120||Metcal HCT-WS120 Work Stand/Nozzle Holder for HCT2-120 Digital Hot Air Pencils||
|AC-CP2||Metcal AC-CP2 Cartridge Removal Pad for MX-500 Soldering/Desoldering/Rework Systems||