- Continuously variable test voltage with zero-start safety interlock
- Leakage current measurement as low as 0.1 mA
- Fast charging of high-capacitance samples
- Current guard circuit for highly accurate measurements
- Rugged field construction
- Compact and portable
- Air insulated, uses no oil
- Voltage (maximum): 0 to 15 kVdc, negative with respect to ground
- Current (maximum): 5 mA for 12 minutes; 2mA continuous
- Short Circuit: 12 mA max., limited by circuit breaker
- Accuracy: +/- 2% of full scale
- Safety and Reliability Features:
- Input and output line circuit breaker
- Output current overload relay
- Zero-start interlock for high-voltage output
- Switch control and indicating lights for high-voltage ON/OFF
- Full circuit breaker protection
The Megger 220015 15 kV DC Dielectric Test Set measures leakage current while applying a DC voltage at or above the insulation system's operating level. This measurement aids in determining the insulation system's ability to withstand over-voltages such as lightning strikes and switching surges.
The Megger 220015 15 kV DC Dielectric Test Set checks the electrical insulation quality of motors, power cables, switchgear, insulators, transformers and capacitors. Typical applications include acceptance and maintenance testing of critical equipment used by electrical utility substations and industrial plant distribution systems. Power apparatus manufacturers may also use the equipment to perform QA/QC production tests.
The 220015 Test Set can be used to perform step-voltage and proof tests which, when incorporated into a routine maintenance program, can aid in predicting potential failure before breakdown occurs.
The 220015 Test Set is suitable for use on equipment rated 7.5 kV and below. It is also suitable for testing power cable, switchgear and rotating machinery in accordance with IEEE, ICEA, NEMA and ANSI guidelines.
Because the Megger 220015 15 kV DC Dielectric Test Set acts like a full-wave rectified unit, it is also suitable for applications involving vacuum bottles.
|222070-62||Megger 222070-62 70 kV High-Voltage Discharge and Grounding Stick for Models 220070 and 220072||
|220000||Megger 220000 Kilovolt-Megaohm Test Record Graph Paper for Models 220005 and 220015, 100-Sheet Pad||
|Data Sheet:||(162 KB)|