- Designed for Electrical and Industrial testing
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 GΩ range
- Stabilized insulation test voltage
- Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 Ω to 1 MΩ
- 600 V Trms AC and DC voltage measurement
- Live circuit detection and protection
- User variable insulation test voltage from 250V to 1000V
- CAT IV 600 V & IP54
The Megger MIT400/2 (#1006-719) insulation and continuity tester is designed not just for Electrical and Industrial, but with an exceptionally wide range of applications from electrical installations, cable testing, motor testing, automotive, ESD, panel building, avionics, maintenance etc. The MIT4002's insulation testing has been enhanced with feedback controlled test voltages to limit over-voltage to 2%, rather than the industry standard 10-20%. A variable range has been added to allow any intermediate voltage from 250 V to 1000 V in 10 V steps, where application specific test voltages are required that do not appear in the standard ranges. Continuity testing is now significantly faster, and a single autoranging 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ function replaces the "ohms" and "kOhms" ranges. The MIT400/2 retains the 200 mA and 20 mA test options. Replacing the original Megger MIT400 instruments, this new unit feature a redesigned case, back-stand, and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access. This instrument is over-moulded for increased protection and achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating.
Insulation Resistance Testing:
The stabilised insulation test voltage in the MIT400/2 is now accurate to +2% -0%. This compares to the industry standard +20%, providing a more accurate test voltage without the risk of over-voltage damage to circuits or components. The output voltage is maintained between 0 & 2% throughout the test range. Where a non-standard test voltage is required, a variable range allows the exact test voltage to be selected from 10 V up to 1000 V. Subject to the same stabilised output control.
- Test voltages - 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V.
- Variable test voltage - Adjustable test voltage from 10 V to 1000 V.
- 2% test voltage accuracy - The output test voltage is maintained within the tolerance or -0% +2%
- Stabilized test voltage - The voltage is feedback controlled to ensure it remains within specification throughout the full test range
- Test voltage display - The actual test voltage is displayed on the smaller digital readout, with the measurement on the larger digital display.
- Measurement range displayed - The test range is displayed during selection
- Measurement voltage display - The measurement voltage is displayed during the test
- Analog arc - The display also features an analogue arc to replicate the response of a moving coil display.
- Timed testing - Automatically test to a time limit
- High test range - Insulation testing up to 200 GΩs at 1000 V.
- Silicon leads - High quality flexible silicon test leads are comfortable to use and prevent measurement errors on GΩ ranges above 5 GΩ.
- Test inhibit - prevents testing if voltages in excess of 30, 50 or 60 V (set by the user) are detected when making insulation tests. Default is 50 V.
- Insulation buzzer - The buzzer can be set to buzz if the insulation resistance is above a user adjustable limit, set in the Setup menu.
- Test Lock - Holds insulation test on continuously.
- ESD display option - Swap display from kΩ, MΩ, GΩ to 10^5, 10^6, 10^7 etc
CONTINUITY (RESISTANCE) TESTING:
- Single resistance range - One range fully automatic from 0.01 Ω to 1.0 MΩ.
- Bi-directional testing - Option for automatic bi-directional testing without reconnecting leads.
- 200 mA or 20 mA - Either 200 mA or 20 mA continuity test currents are available. 20 mA test current will considerably increase battery life.
- Lead null - Lead resistance compensation (NULL) operates up to 10 Ωs of resistance.
- Buzzer - ON/OFF selected by simple push button.
- Buzzer limit - Continuity buzzer limit alarm provides adjustment of the maximum resistance the continuity buzzer sounds. This is adjustable from 1 Ω to 100 Ω in 5 steps.
True RMS voltage measurement to 600 V AC or DC with resolution from 0.1 mV.
- Digital voltage measurement up to 600 V AC/DC
- Analog arc measurement to 1000 V AC/DC
- Automatic display of frequency during voltage measurement.
|1004-183||Megger 1004-183 DC Charger||
|1007-157||Megger 1007-517 Remote switch probe SP5 CATIV 600V (MIT400 series only)||
|1002-001||Megger 1002-001 Replacement Test Lead Set with Clips (Red/Black)||
|FPK8||Megger FPK8 600V Straight Fused Test Lead Set with Probes and Clips||