- Supports 2, 3 and 4 point testing
- Powered by rechargeable AA batteries
- Built-in battery charger allows for convenient recharging of cells
- Supplied with ICLAMP and VCLAMP for ART (Attached Rod Technique) and stakeless measurements
- Stakeless testing capability enables instrument to be used as a clamp-on tester
- ART (Attached Rod Technique) capability allows testing without disconnecting of utility connection
- Multiple, user-selectable test frequencies allows for most effective testing
- Rugged, IP54-rated case suitable for outdoor environments
- Clear, unambiguous warning indicators help prevent test failure and reduce test time
- Simple to use, one-touch operation improves efficiency
- Measures resistivity of any type of soil with measurement range up to 200,000 ohms
- User-selectable test voltage ensures units can be used in agricultural environments
- Microprocessor control allows for improved error detection
- Backlit LCD allows for testing in dark environments
- Performs accurate testing in noisy environments by rejecting noise up to 40V peak to peak
- Voltmeter enables measurements of ground voltage and increases operator safety
- Accuracy of 2% of reading enhances reliability of measurements
- Rated to CAT IV 100V
The Megger DET4TCR2+Clamps (1000-366) is a rechargeable battery powered 4-terminal tester with selectable test frequencies, greater measurement sensitivity, and attached rod technique and stakeless measurement capability.
The DET4TCR2 Tester includes a current measuring function for ART (Attached Rod Technique) testing capabilities. With this added function, on-site grounds can be tested separately without having to remove the utility connection. The DET4TCR2 also provides stakeless testing capability. This method allows the operator to use the instrument like a clamp-on ground tester in applications where that method is viable, while also being able to operate as a fall of potential tester if required.
The DET4TCR2 Tester is rated to IP54, making it truly an outdoor instrument. It is designed to meet stringent safety standards and is rated CAT IV 100 V. The DET4TCR2 ground tester has been designed to be easy to use: a large selector switch makes selection of 2, 3 or 4 pole tests easy with gloved hands. A large, clear, easy to read LCD and thumb-sized test button also makes the instrument particularly well-suited to the outdoor conditions of ground testing. In addition to this ease of use feature, the instrument automatically checks the connection and conditions of the P spike, C spike, and also the level of ground noise, indicating the status on its display. It also includes a voltmeter to enable measurement of ground voltage.
The DET4TCR2 can measure resistance from 0.01 ohms to 200,000 ohms; this measurement range is a key capability for soil resistivity testing. Also, to allow accurate testing in noisy environments, the instrument is capable of rejecting noise up to 40 V peak to peak.
The DET4TCR2 is powered by rechargeable AA cells. The battery charger is built-in and the instrument is supplied with an AC/DC adapter. The status of these batteries is given by a bar graph on the LCD display, allowing the operator to decide when to charge the batteries before they expire.
By using the optional ICLAMP, the user can augment the traditional fall-of-potential measurement method with ART (Attached Rod Technique), which allows electrode testing without disconnection and also leakage current measurements down to 0.5 mA. A second optional clamp, the VCLAMP, enables true stakeless (clamp-on) measurements to be made in situations where driving stakes is not practical.
The DET4TCR2 also features a backlit display, which extends the operational environment of the instrument to cable cellars and other dark locations. The tester also has selectable 25 V or 50 V output for compliance with IEC 61557-5. The 25 V output is required for testing in agricultural environments.
The DET4TCR2 can perform bonding tests (using an AC signal) to determine that an adequate connection has been made from equipment to the grounding system, and it can also perform soil resistivity tests. This additional function can be used in prospecting, locating, and designing new grounding electrodes and systems. Furthermore, the addition of built-in current clamp capability enables fall of potential testing of attached grounds (ART) without lifting the utility connection and the addition of voltage clamp technology enables stakeless testing from the same instrument.
|1001-012||Megger 1001-012 ICLAMP 1000 A AC Current Clamp for Attached Rod Technique (ART) Measurements||
|1001-013||Megger 1001-013 VCLAMP Voltage-Inducing Clamp for Stakeless Measurements||
|6220-803||Megger 6220-803 Right-Angled Terminal Adapter Set for DET3T and DET4T Series||
|6280-375||Megger 6280-375 Auxiliary 12V Socket Charger for Models DET4TR2 and DET4TCR2 only||
|250581||Megger 250581 Deluxe Ground Testing Kit for Series DET4T Ground Resistance Testers||
See Price In Cart
|6310-755||Megger 6310-755 Standard Earth Testing Kit for DET3T and DET4T Series||
See Price In Cart
|6320-245||Megger 6320-245 Professional Earth/Ground Testing Kit for DET3T and DET4T Series||
See Price In Cart
|6220-804||Megger 6220-804 Replacement Ground Test Stakes (2) for DET3T and DET4T Series, 7.9 in., 0.3 in. Dia.||
|1000-349||Megger 1000-349 Replacement Cable Reel for Professional Earth Testing Kit, Red Cable, 50 m, 115V||
|1000-350||Megger 1000-350 Replacement Cable Reel for Professional Earth Testing Kit, Black Cable, 50 m, 115V||
|1000-361||Megger 1000-361 Replacement Cable Reel for Professional Earth Testing Kit, Yellow Cable, 30 m, 115V||
|1000-362||Megger 1000-362 Replacement Cable Reel for Professional Earth Testing Kit, Green Cable, 30 m, 115V||
|Data Sheet:||(474 KB)|