- Measures AC and DC current up to 600 A
- Carries out AC and DC voltage measurements up to 600 V
- Measures resistance up to 400 ohms and frequency up to 400 Hz
- Performs continuity checks
- 3 1/2 digit, 4000-count LCD display with backlight
- High resolution digital bar graph for viewing trends
- Peak, min/max and data-hold functions
- Zero-offset relative mode (REL) enables comparative measurements
- Safety rated to IEC 61010-1 Cat III 600 V
- Installing, maintaining, fault-finding or monitoring electrical systems and equipment
- Motors and heaters
- Domestic power generation from solar panels and wind-turbines
- Battery monitoring
- Electric vehicle servicing such as fork-lift trucks
- Elevator maintenance
- UPS commissioning, servicing and maintenance
- Electro-plating plants and welding equipment servicing
The Megger DCM340 (1000-305) Digital Clamp Meter is a highly versatile instrument, ideal for use in the installation, maintenance, monitoring, or checking of AC or DC electrical systems and equipment. Current measurement, combined with the comprehensive and accurate multimeter functions of the DCM340 clamp meter eliminates the need to carry both instruments at once.
The DCM340 is highly versatile in its measurement range. It is capable of measuring AC and DC current up to 600 A; AC and DC voltage up to 600 V; resistance up to 400 ohms; and frequency up to 400 Hz.
The large, clear digits on the numeric display of the DCM340 are complemented by the high-resolution digital bar graph, useful for indicating trending and measurement fluctuations. The backlight allows users to see in poorly lit areas, such as distribution cupboards and corners of switch-rooms. The data-hold feature enables its use on difficult access cables, where otherwise the display may be impossible to see. Min/Max hold provides the ability to store the maximum and minimum DC or RMS values over a period of time. While storage is taking place, either the present, maximum or mini-mum value can be displayed. Peak hold stores the maximum and minimum peak value of an AC signal at a 10 ms sample rate.
The auto-off feature automatically places the DCM340 meter in power-save mode after 30 minutes from power-on, but this can be disabled if required for min/max measurements. Using the Relative mode (REL), a stable value can be stored, the instrument zeroed out, and then any variation from that value can be displayed as a direct measurement relative to it.
The DCM340 is safety rated to IEC 61010-1 Cat III 600 V, and is drop-tested onto a hard surface for up to 3.94 ft. (1.2 m).
|Data Sheet:||(112 KB)|