- Dual-module system for separating high and low voltage/resistance applications
- Single-instrument solution for continuity and hi-pot type leakage resistance measurements
- Programmable constant V source (50-500V) supports high speed, high resistance measurements
- Programmable constant I source (0-50mA) with dry circuit clamp helps prevent device stress or damage during low resistance measurements
- Modular architecture adapts easily to single or dual inflator testing and to single or dual position test stands and mixed device/signal applications
- Expandable multiplexer channels for multipin applications
- Included 6 1/2-digit DMM with wide functionality and broad measurement ranges
- Intelligent automation support and easy integration with external test hardware
- GPIB, RS -232, and digital I/O interfaces for flexible controller options
- SCPI programmable for simple code development and future extensions
- 2-year calibration cycle of modules minimizes maintenance costs and system downtime
The Keithley 2790-HL Two-Module SourceMeter Airbag Test System for Separating Low & High Voltage/Resistance Applications is a high voltage, multichannel resistance measurement solution that speeds and simplifies electrical checks of airbag inflators and a variety of other automotive electrical test applications. It is the only commercial instrument that combines all of the sourcing, measurement, and signal routing capabilities required to measure insulation resistance and conductor continuity into one, compact, affordable package. Through the use of plug-in source/switch modules, the 2790-HL provides programmable high-voltage and low-current sourcing, plus multichannel switching support. This unique combination of capabilities establishes a new standard for price and performance in airbag inflator and other test applications.
Measure Extreme Resistances with Constant Current or Constant Voltage
The 2790-HL uses the forced constant-current method to measure resistances less than 1kW. In this technique, the instrument sources a constant current (I) to the resistance, then measures the resulting voltage (V). The amount of current sourced is programmable from 050mA. Resistance (R) is calculated (and displayed) using the known current and measured voltage (R = V/I). A 20mV dry circuit clamp is available at sourcing levels up to 1mA for preserving the oxide layers on connectors and other components.
For the 1MW to 1GW resistance ranges, the forced constant-voltage method is used to measure high resistance. This technique optimizes settling speed and reduces noise, allowing faster, high-quality insulation resistance measurements. In addition, by applying high voltages (50500V), the 2790-HL stresses a dielectric, while simultaneously measuring its insulation resistance.
In addition to the resistance measurement functions available through the plug-in source/switch modules, the 2790-HL's built-in DMM allows it to make a full range of high-precision resistance measurements, as well as AC/DC voltage and current, frequency, and temperature measurements.
Newly Enhanced Memory Pattern Test Sequencer
The memory pattern test sequencer allows the mainframe to store and execute pre-programmed test sequences for increased testing throughput. Test setups can be stored as unique memory locations and either recalled by number as needed or scanned in sequence to maximize the number of tests per unit time without command transfer delays due to communication or controller.
Broad Range of Measurement Capabilities
The 2790-HL's built-in DMM can make a wide variety of general purpose measurements:
- DC voltage measurements from 0.1μV to 1000V
- AC voltage measurements from 0.1μV to 750V
- DC current measurements from 10nA to 3A
- AC current measurements from 1μA to 3A
- 2-wire resistance measurements from 100μW to 120MW
- 4-wire resistance measurements from 100μW to 120MW
- Frequency measurements from 3Hz to 500kHz
- Period measurements from 333ms to 2μs
- Temperature measurements from 200 deg. C to 630 deg. C (thermistors and 4-wire RTDs)
|7702||Keithley 7702 40-Ch Differential Multiplexer Module with Screw Terminals for Models 2700, 2701, 2750||
|7751||Keithley 7751 High Voltage Source/Switch Module for Model 2790||
|7752||Keithley 7752 Low Voltage Current-Source-Only Source/Switch Module for Model 2790||
|7753||Keithley 7753 High Voltage Source/Switch Module for Model 2790, 1MOhm||
|KPCI-488LPA||Keithley KPCI-488LPA IEEE-488.2 Interface Module for PCI Buses||
|KUSB-488B||Keithley KUSB-488B IEEE-488.2 USB-to-GPIB Interface Adapter for USB Ports||
|4288-1||Keithley 4288-1 Single Fixed Rack Mount Kit||
|4288-2||Keithley 4288-2 Dual Fixed Rack Mount Kit for Models 2000, 2700, and 6487||
|8503.||Keithley 8503. 1m DIN Male-to-BNC Male Trigger Link Cable||