- Performs standard tests for copper cabling, including:
- Coax, 6 pin (RJ11/12), 8 Pin RJ45), Connectors of Copper Cables Testing
- Wiremap for Miswires, Splits Pairs, Shorts, Opens, and Crossovers A/B Cables
- Analog Tone Generator
- Voltage Protection
- Shielded Cable Testing
- Single screen Results
- Hub Blink
- Cable Length
- Distance to open
- Distance to open / Short (TDR)
- PoE Detection with Voltage Information
- Phone Service Detection (PBX, ISDN)
- Ethernet Detection with Network Rate and Duplex
- Multimedia Support: RJ45, RJ11/RJ 12 and coax ports for wiremap verification of low voltage copper cables
- TDR Length and testing and troubleshooting: Pinpoints cable faults eliminating unnecessary guess work
- Tone Generator: Ability to identify and trace cables with a compatible inductive tone probe (Optional)
- PoE Detection: PoE service detection with pin and voltage information
- Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6A, Cat 7, UTP and STP testing: Support for all common LAN cables (TIA 568A/B wiring schemes)
- Large 2.9" Backlit Screen: Instantaneous, easy to read test results
- Phone Service Detection: Identifies analog (PBX_ and digital (ISDN) telephone services
- Ethernet Detection: Displays network rate and duplex information
- Voltage Protection: Cable testing disabled if >2V of non-standard voltage is detected
- Storage and protection of remote unit: Reduces the change of damaging or losing he remote unit
- Cat 5e/6/6A
- Class D/E/EA
- CCTV camera
- Cable / satellite TV
- Any twisted pair communication
The IDEAL Networks R158003 VDV II Pro Data, Phone & Coax Cable Tester w/PEO Kit is an easy to use cable tester that checks the integrity of copper cables commonly found in domestic, commercial or industrial voice, data or video installations, including telephone wiring, data network, and video/security cabling.
Employing state-of-the-art technology, the IDEAL Networks R158003 VDV II Pro offers functionality not previously available in a wire mapper. The advanced wire map engine accurately displayed complex wiring fault instantaneously while the integrated TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) simplifies troubleshooting and improves on-site productivity. The key feature of the VDV II is to check the wiring of all three copper types is terminated correctly into its relevant connection.
The flagship IDEAL Networks R158003 VDV II Pro utilizes a TDR to accurately measure cable length and provide distance to fault information. TDR's work by interjecting a signal into the cable and measuring the time for any signal to be reflected back after encountering changes in impedance caused by cable damage, open and short circuits. The recorded time is then translated into an accurate distance measuremtn. TDR really helps pinpoint where cabling faults occur. This speeds up fault finding as well as minimising disruption and potential damage to fixtures and fixings.
With Comprehensive details on faults such as opens, shorts, reverses, miswires and split pairs, the IDEAL Networks R158003 VDV II Pro identifies wiring errors instantly. The integrated RJ11/RJ12 (voice), RJ45 (data), and F-Type (video) connectors allow faster testing f most types of low voltage cables by eliminating the need for separate testers or adapters.
Connection Issues are not always associated with cable faults, so the IDEAL Networks VDV II Pro has the capability to help identify service related issues. By detecting the presence of voltage and checking polariy, the IDEAL Networks R158003 VDV II Pro quickly determines which type of media service is running over the cable, such as ISDN, PBX, and PoE (power over Ethernet) resulting in faster fault diagnosis. Troubleshooting active Thernet networks is also made easier with in-built network detection that displays network rate and duplex information. Furthermore, to prevent potentially costly damage to the tester, all VDV II's are smart enough to know whe they have been plugged into an outlet where non-standard voltage is present.
Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
Power over Ethernet (PoE) is a method of supplying power to network devices such as WiFi access points, IP cameras and Voice over IP (VoIP) phones using the Ethernet wiring. Power is supplied by a PoE enabled switch port in response to a request from the device requiring power.
When the DATA port is selected, and PoE source is detected, VDV II Pro solicits PoE from the source. If voltage is detected on the correct pins, PoE is indicated.
|158050||IDEAL Networks 158050 #1 - #12 RJ-45 Remote Kit (12) for VDV II||
|158051||IDEAL Networks 158051 #1 - #24 RJ-45 Identifier Kit (24) for VDV II||
|158053||IDEAL Networks 158053 #1 - #24 RJ-45 Coaxial Remote Unit Kit (12) for VDV II||
|158055||IDEAL Networks 158055 Accessory Main & COAX Remote #1 for VDV II||
|62-164||IDEAL Networks 62-164 Amplifier Probe w/Non-Conductive Tip & Adjustable Volume||
|SAVE With Our Exclusive Depot Deals, Custom Bundles, Specialty Kits, & More!|
|R158003-62164-DD||IDEAL Networks R158003-62164-DD, VDV II PRO Cable Verifier with FREE Amplifier Probe||
|R158003-RJ45-62164-DD||IDEAL Networks R158003-RJ45-62164-DD, VDV II PRO Cable Verifier w/ RJ45 Remotes and Amplifier Probe||
|R158003-REMOTES-62164-DD||IDEAL Networks R158003-REMOTES-62164-DD, VDV II PRO w/ RJ45/Coax Remotes, RJ45 IDs, Amplifier Probe||
|Data Sheet:||(1.48 MB)|