- Wet Bulb: -20° to 120° F (-28.8° to 49° C)
- Wet Bulb Accuracy: ±3° F (±1.7° C)
- Microprocessor-based signal processing
- Weather resistant outside air mounting
- Field-replaceable RH sensor saves time
- Multiple user selectable outputs
- Robust, proven capacitive sensor technology
- Attractive, modern look and rugged packaging
- Versatile temperature measurement
- Low cost of ownership, very economical
- Two-year transmitter warranty and one year sensor warranty
The GE HUMI-WB-XR-O HumiTrac XR Transmitter is rugged, compact and ideally suited for monitoring dew point, wet bulb, enthalpy or temperature in building automation and process applications. Using a capacitive RH sensor, the unitss microprocessor computes wet bulb.
Wet Bulb temperature is indicative of a wetted temperature sensor in an air stream. It is the temperature a volume of air would have if cooled adiabatically to saturation at constant pressure by evaporation of water into it, all latent heat being supplied by the volume of air. Wet bulb temperature is determined in this transmitter by calculation from the relative humidity and the ambient dry bulb temperature. Many building specifications are surrounding wet bulb measurement, so this transmitter helps provide a direct signal, reducing computing and offloading calculations.
The HUMIWBXRO features a field-replaceable Relative Humidity (RH) sensor tip module that allows the end user to replace the sensor on-site while maintaining ±2.5% RH accuracy. The user simply powers off the unit, installs the new sensor module and powers back the unit. This virtually eliminates the need for time consuming and costly factory calibration, while reducing downtime during service intervals to near zero.
The HUMI-WB-XR-O utilizes a rugged capacitive sensor that provides full-scale 0-99% RH measurement with unsurpassed response times, linearity and stability. Recovery to condensation and chemicals is excellent and an integrated filter, plus conformal-coated module electronics ensure long life. Signal conditioned temperature versions maintain specified RH accuracy across the full operating range of -40° F to 140° F (-40° C to 60° C). The transmitter also comes with an open air mounting configuration.