- Kit includes the DSX2-8000 cable analyzer with integrated WiFi functionality, 2 CertiFiber OLTS modules, and 1 OptiFiber Quad QTDR module
- Capable of testing and certifying twisted pair Cat 5e, 6, 6A, 8 and Class I/II cabling with limits up to 2 GHz
- Has a level VI/2G accuracy (2 GHz)
- Versiv 2 enables users to accomplish more than ever with a cable tester, by accelerating every step of the testing process
- LinkWare Live cloud service lets the Project Manager remotely set up the testers, monitor job progress and even locate tester from any smart device
- ProjX management system eases tasks from initial set-up of a job to system acceptance. It eliminates redundant steps, and ensures that all tests are completed correctly the first time, and every time
- Taptive user interface puts advanced data analysis and easy set-up and operation at the fingertips of technicians of all skill levels
- LinkWare PC management software provides unmatched analysis of test results and professional test reports
- The DSX2-8000 reduces the time required to fix cabling faults with dedicated diagnostics, a simple test that locates the problem
- Eight second Cat 6A test time contributes to the fastest way to gain certification
- Graphically displays the source of failures including crosstalk and distance to shield faults for faster troubleshooting
- Manage up to 12,000 Cat 6A test results with full graphics
- Capacitive touchscreen allows quick tester setup with easily selectable cable types, standards and testing parameters
- Over 1 billion links reported on LinkWare PC management software
- Compliant with ANSI/TIA-1152-A Level 2G and proposed standard IEC 61935-1 Ed. 5 Level VI field tester accuracy requirements to 2000 MHz
- Supports the complete suite of Resistance Unbalance standards needed for Power over Ethernet (PoE) - IEEE 802.3bt, ANSI/TIA/EIA-568, ISO/IEC 11801 series documents
- TCL and ELTCTL measurements compliant to IEC 61935-1-1 (Draft)
- Screen continuity along path of cabling
The DSX2-8000-QOI CableAnalyzer copper test solution with the CertiFiber Pro Quad OLTS module and the OptiFiber Pro Quad OTDR module enables testing and certification of twisted pair cabling for up to 40 Gigabit Ethernet deployments and will handle any cabling system whether it is a Cat 5e, 6, 6A, 8 or Class FA and I/II. Certifying a cable is one part of a process that starts with system design and ends with system acceptance. The faster that process goes, the more profitable you’ll be. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things that slow the process down – setting up the tester incorrectly, testing to the wrong limits, waiting for skilled technicians to analyze and troubleshoot failures, misinterpretation of results, and producing test reports that customers cannot understand.
As part of the Versiv 2 cabling certification product family, the DSX CableAnalyzer provides accurate, error-free certification. In the installation business there are multiple teams, varying media types and multiple testing requirements. The difference between being profitable or not is just a few percentage points. The DSX certifies copper cabling, complies with all standards including Level VI/2G accuracy, making jobs easier to manage, and getting to system acceptance faster. It’s not just for the expert technicians and Project Managers. Individuals of various skill levels can improve the set-up, operation, test reporting, and simultaneously manage diverse projects. The DSX2-8000-QOI also includes integrated WiFi functionality for connecting wirelessly to Fluke Network's LinkWare Live.
The Versiv 2 Cabling Certification Product Family has a modular design with swappable testing modules that provide four types of testing (copper and fiber optic cabling, and Ethernet and Wi-Fi network cabling) plus report generation software and a cloud service for managing jobs. Its ProjX System manages job requirements and progress from setup to systems acceptance, making sure all tests are completed correctly. The Taptive User Interface simplifies set up, eliminates errors and speeds up troubleshooting. The LinkWare Live cloud service gives you visibility and control of the whole process: you can set up and track your testers and inspect results from any mobile device while the job is in process. It even lets you upload and integrate results from multiple testers at multiple jobsites so you can quickly generate reports with the de-facto industry standard LinkWare PC.
Versiv 2 Platform is Ready for Today's and Tomorrow's Jobs
Electrically centered plug design is compliant with TIA Level 2G and IEC Level VI accuracy requirements to 2000 MHz with a future-ready design to support all hardware upgrades
The DSX2-8000-QOI CableAnalyzer enables cable testing and certification for network deployments up to 40 Gigabit Ethernet – whether it is an existing Cat 5e, 6, 6A, 8 or Class I/II cabling system, the DSX tests to all industry standards. The electrically centered test plug results in the Level 2G/VI accuracy required to support field testing to Cat 8 / Class I/II, 2000 MHz. The DSX exceeds the IEC Level VI and TIA Level 2G specifications assuring you of higher confidence in results over the full frequency range. Higher performance cabling systems like Cat 8 require more precise measurement to ensure they are providing the noise immunity required by 25G and 40G applications. Additionally, complex Alien Crosstalk link-to-link certification is simplified by integrating the measurement capability into each copper module up to 40GBASE-T testing.
The DSX is the first field tester to support balance measurements including Transverse Conversion Loss (TCL) and Equal Level Transverse Conversion Transfer Loss (ELTCTL). TCL and ELTCTL are important measurements found in the cabling standards. They define a minimum performance for balance, a key parameter to help determine noise immunity. Industrial network owners/operators are especially interested in this property due to the higher level of electromagnetic interference (EMI) within the industrial environment.
Fluke Networks' DSX2-8000-QOI CableAnalyzer has obtained Intertek (ETL) verification in accordance with the ANSI/TIA-1152-A specification for Level 2G test equipment. (Report on file.)
ProjX Management System Manages Complex Jobs with Ease
Manage up to 12,000 test results with full graphics
Managing the testing of multiple jobs with multiple teams, testers, and requirements is time consuming and a source of errors. Increasingly larger jobs make project organization more important than ever. The ProjX management system on the DSX28000QOI CableAnalyzer provides individual project files for all job specific details to be saved under a simple name, eliminating the need to re-enter job specific details after starting a project. This minimizes set-up errors or lost files when switching from one job to another or utilizing multiple testers on a single job. In addition, it provides test results by cable ID, merges any changes without duplicates and defaults to the last copper or fiber module installed. ProjX management system provides real time status to completion on each job with a 0-100% scale and gives the operator the option to isolate any test requiring a second look and helps to assure nothing is overlooked. The "Fix Later" selection creates a punch list or automatic to do list for correcting any workmanship issues. ProjX enables project managers and crew leaders to be truly efficient.
Taptive User Interface Simplifies Set Up, Eliminates Errors and Speeds Troubleshooting
Capacitive touchscreen allows quick tester setup and supports all standards
Taptive user interface is easy enough for even the newest technician to perform tests across multiple media types and testing requirements. The capacitive Taptive user interface makes all jobs easily accessible from the menu screen. Touch the job you’re working on and the large display confirms the test that needs to be performed, animated instructions simplify setting the configuration making correct testing assured.
Performs with Unsurpassed Speed
Eight second Cat 6A test time and the fastest way to submit your certification results
No tester offers so much speed for so many tests. Complete copper certification to Cat 6A in 8 seconds or certify two fibers at two wavelengths in just 3 seconds. Endorsements by cabling vendors worldwide assure that Versiv 2 is the fastest way to project completion and system acceptance. Quickly get a Pass or Fail result and easily review individual test parameters by value or drill into specific area on a graph.
Troubleshoot Like an Expert
Graphically displays the source of failures including crosstalk and distance to shield faults for faster troubleshooting
The DSX reduces the time required to fix cabling faults with dedicated diagnostics, a simple 1 button test runs all tests and saves all data. The graphical results screen allows you to look down the cable to see exactly where any cross talk, return loss or shield faults are located on any given link. Previous testers had frequency limits of their diagnostic capabilities of up to 250 MHz only, but the DSX CableAnalyzer Series removes this limitation. This common view is easily interpreted by novice and expert users alike to isolate and act on any failed results quickly and is stored with the test result for remote analysis.
Shield continuity historically is a direct current (DC) measurement with no distance to fault available. Other testers run a simple resistance test to verify that the shield has continuity. These tests have been shown to be inaccurate, sometime confusing a ground path as shield continuity and not correctly identifying a break in the shield. Other testers may tell you there is a break in a shield, but not pinpoint the exact location giving no indication of where to start rework. The DSX CableAnalyzer Series is the first field tester to report distance to any shield integrity issues, reporting the true status of the screen continuity. This is especially important in datacenters and Cat 8 installations where screen continuity is critical to maintaining alien crosstalk performance of screened cabling.
DSX CableAnalyzer Series Family
The DSX CableAnalyzer Series family is based on two modules: the DSX2-5000 and DSX2-8000-QOI. The DSX2-5000 certifies twisted pair Cat 5e, 6, 6A and Class FA cabling with limits up to 1000 MHz. The DSX2-8000-QOI certifies twisted pair Cat 5e, 6, 6A, Cat 8 and Class I/II cabling with limits up to 2000 MHz.
Wiremap – shows distance to fault, break and short
LinkWare Live is a cloud-based service that lets you manage certification jobs anytime, anywhere, with anyone on any device. With LinkWare Live, you can:
- Keep track of every test on every job. Get an overview of every project from any smart device. Drill down to each individual test. Instantly receive notification of incorrect test setting or cable IDs.
- Get it right the first time. Define cable IDs and test settings from your PC or tablet. Then send them to the testers or Brother printers at the jobsite for mistake-free testing and labeling.
- Keep your testers up to date. Standards can change without notice, and an out-of-date test report can mean hours of re-testing. LinkWare Live automatically ensures your testers are running the latest.
- Stop wasting time and gas driving testers back to the office. Upload your test results straight from the job site to LinkWare Live over Wi-Fi. Then download them automatically to the right job for fast report generation with LinkWare PC.
- Avoid Project Delays. Track the last used location and monitor the status of all testers to ensure they are always calibrated and running the latest firmware.
- Supports all Versiv 2 models: DSX CableAnalyzer Series, CertiFiber Pro, OptiFiber Pro, and the FI2-7000.
LinkWare Management Software
Leveraging the popular and multi-featured LinkWare PC management software application, DSX2-8000-QOI CableAnalyzer Series users can easily access the ProjX management system data, generate reports, and upgrade the software in their testers. Project Managers have full capabilities to manage workflow and consolidate test results. Users can provide the finishing touch by adding their company logo to the report and offer it unaltered to their customers for system acceptance purposes. Keep your business tools simple, no matter which Fluke Networks copper or fiber tester you are using, LinkWare PC is the software package that reports it all.
Now with LinkWare Stats, the new automated statistical report option, you can move above and beyond the page-per-link report and see your entire cabling infrastructure. It analyzes and transforms LinkWare PC test results data into charts and diagrams that reveal your cabling plant performance; this report summarizes your entire cabling infrastructure in a compact, graphical format that makes it easy to verify margins and to spot anomalies.
|DSX2-8000-ADD-R||Fluke Networks DSX-8000-ADD-R DSX-8000 Add-on Kit with Remote for the Versiv 2 Main||
|DSX2-8-CFP-Q-ADD-R||Fluke Networks DSX2-8-CFP-Q-ADD-R DSX-8000 Quad OLTS Add-on Kit with Remote for the Versiv 2 Main||
|VERSIVBATTERY||Fluke Networks VERSIV-BATTERY VERSIV Replacement Battery||
|VERSIV-CASE3||Fluke Networks VERSIV-CASE3 VERSIV Hardsided Case||
|VERSIV-LG-CASE||Fluke Networks VERSIV-LG-CASE Large Carrying Case for Versiv Products||
|VERSIV-SM-CASE||Fluke Networks VERSIV-SM-CASE VERSIV Small Carry Case||
|VERSIV-STRP||Fluke Networks VERSIV-STRP Strap Kit||
|VERSIV-STND||Fluke Networks VERSIV-STND VERSIV Demo Stand||
|VERSIV-BACKPK-STRP||Fluke Networks VERSIV-BACKPK-STRP Backpack Strap for Versiv Large Case||
|Copper Inspection Adapters|
|DSX-CHA804S||Fluke Networks DSX-CHA804S DSX-8000 Cat 8/Class I Channel Adapter, Set of 2||
|DSX-LAB002/R||Fluke Networks DSX-LAB002/R DSX Lab Adapter for the Versiv Remote||
|DSX-LAB802/M||Fluke Networks DSX-LAB802/M DSX 2 GHz Lab Adapter for the Versiv Mainframe||
|DSX-PLA804S||Fluke Networks DSX-PLA804S DSX-8000 Cat 8/Class I Permanent Link Adapter, Set of 2||
|DSX-CHA021S||Fluke Networks DSX-CHA021S DSX M12 4-Position Channel Adapter, Set of 2||
|DSX-CHA003||Fluke Networks DSX-CHA003 Single DSX Series Coaxial Adapter||
|DSX-PC5ES||Fluke Networks DSX-PC5ES DSX Cat 5E Adapters with Cat 5E Patch Cord Jacks, Set of 2||
|DSX-PC6S||Fluke Networks DSX-PC6S DSX Cat 6 Adapters with Cat 6 Patch Cord Jacks, Set of 2||
|DSX-PC6AS||Fluke Networks DSX-PC6AS DSX Cat 6A Adapters with Cat 6A Patch Cord Jacks, Set of 2||
|DSX-COAX||Fluke Networks DSX-COAX DSX Series Coaxial Adapter, Set of 2||
|VERSIV-TSET||Fluke Networks VERSIV-TSET VERSIV Headphones||
|DSX-5000 MOD||Fluke Networks DSX5000MOD Versiv DSX Module Replacement||
|DSX-REFMOD||Fluke Networks DSX-REFMOD Reference Module||
|Power Supply Adapters|
|PWR-SPLY-30W||Fluke Networks PWR-SPLY-30W 30W Power Supply, 15V, 2 A with US Adapter||
|PWR-SPLY-ADP||Fluke Networks PWR-SPLY-ADP EU, AU, UK Adapter for 30W Power Supply||
|VERSIV-ADP-WIFI||Fluke VERSIV-ADP-WIFI WIFI ADAPTER FOR VERISV MAINFRAM||
|Data Sheet:||(4.95 MB)|