- Touchscreen tools as intuitive as any smartphone
- Simple buttons to access interface with gloved hands
- GPS and Compass embed pointing direction and geo-location
- LEDs to light darker areas and laser pointer to mark locations
- Easy voice, text, and sketch annotations, stored in radiometric images
- FLIR Tools Mobile app links camera to smartphones and tablets for immediate image analysis and sharing from field, plus streaming video and remote control for safer monitoring
- MeterLink transmits FLIR T&M data to the camera, for instant integration into images and reports
- FLIR Tools software for PC and Mac provides extra documentation power and camera firmware updates
- Radiometric recording to memory card
- Rotating optical block points 120° up and down for easier aiming and viewing
- Auto orientation switches onscreen temperature data to portrait or landscape
- Fast auto focus and manual control for precision imaging
- Up to 640 x 480 native resolution
- MSX Enhancement Technology on live video and stored images
- Sensitivity of up to < 0.02°C for outstanding image quality
- Temperature calibrations up to 2,000°C
- Range of interchangeable advanced optics
- Additional batteries and chargers
- Spare cables and SD cards
- Camera pouches and tripod adapters
The FLIR T420-KIT-15 Thermal Imaging Camera, MSX Enhancement, 15° Lens, 320 x 240 Resolution, -4 - 1,202°F Range, 60 Hz Framerate features many unique design aspects which set it apart from other cameras.
Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging (MSX) Technology adds visible spectrum definition to IR images by detecting the edges of objects. Text becomes clearly visible so that you can read a label or identifier within the IR image. This exclusive function provides extraordinary thermal detail that instantly highlights and orients problem locations and eliminates the need to refer back to a visual image for detail.
Original IR Image
Image with MSX Enhancement
Field of View (FOV) Match
The T420 provides the option to automatically match the visible camera field of view (FOV) to the IR FOV for better documentation.
Auto orientation orients onscreen data to portrait or landscape view, while the rotating optical block points up and down 120 degrees.
Scalable P-i-P and fused thermal images blend thermal with visible light images on-screen, which includes picture-in-picture window sizing.
Simple Touchscreen Tools
Add voice comments via Bluetooth headset and text notes from the touchscreen keypad; image sketch feature allows you to draw circles and pointers on IR/Visual stored images.
FLIR MeterLink expands the capability of the T420 thermal imager with Bluetooth-enabled meter communication. With a Bluetooth connection, certain FLIR and Extech clamp and moisture meters are able to transmit data directly to the T420 thermal camera. This extra information is automatically added into thermal images to provide a more complete picture of a thermal event and help quantify its severity. With the T420, incorporating this essential information into thermal images and reports is simple and easy.
Add up to 5 box areas and 5 moveable spots using the touchscreen to gather more detailed information.
Adds camera pointing direction to every image for additional location documentation.
Create PDF documents directly from the camera.
- Import stored images wirelessly
- Adjust the temperature span and contrast levels
- Change color palettes
- Add temperature measurement tools
- Play back voice comments
- Auto and manual focus
- Adjust picture-in-picture, thermal fusion, and IR and visible light image blending
- Remote control your FLIR infrared camera
- Support for MSX (Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging) images
- Support for sketch images on both IR and visual with toggling ON/OFF feature
- Support for same FOV (field of view match)
- Editable text comment
|Temperature Range||-4° - 1202°F (-20 - 650°C)|
|Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging (MSX)||IR image with enhanced detail presentation|
|Frame Rate||60 Hz|
|Field of view/Minimum Focus Distance/FOV Match||25° x 19°/1.31 ft. (0.4m)/FOV Match where digital image FOV adapts to IR lens|
|Thermal Sensitivity (N.E.T.D)||< 32°F at 86°F (.045°C at 30°C)|
|Detector Type - Focal Plane Array (FPA) Uncooled Microbolometer||320 x 240 pixels|
|Spectral Range||7.5 - 13µm|
|Display||Built-in touch-screen 3.5 in. color LCD|
|Image Modes||Thermal/visual/fused thermal/P-i-P/MSX (resizable and movable) and thumbnail gallery|
|Image Storag||1000 radiometric JPEG images (SD card memory)|
|Image Annotation||Voice (60 sec); text comments, sketch, image markers on IR|
|Periodic Image Storage||7 seconds to 24 hours (IR) and 14 seconds to 24 hours(IR and visual)|
|Video Lamp||Bright LED|
|Laser Classification/Type||Class 2/Semiconductor AlGalnP Diode Laser: 1mW/635nm (red)|
|Set Up Controls||Mode selector, color palettes, configure info to be shown in image, local adaptation of units, language, date and time formats, and image gallery|
|Measurement Modes||5 spotmeters, 5 box areas, isotherm, auto hot/cold spot, Delta T|
|Measurement Correction||Reflected ambient temperature and emissivity correction|
|Video Recording in Camera and Video Streaming||Non-radiometric IR-video recording (MPEG-4 to memory card), radiometric IR-video streaming (fully dynamic to PC using USB or Wi-Fi), and non-radiometric IR-video streaming (MPEG-4 using Wi-Fi and uncompressed colorized video using USB)|
|Instant Report||Create thermographic inspection report directly in camera|
|Operating Time||> 4 hours; display shows battery status|
|Charging System||In camera AC adapter/2-bay charging system|
|Shock||25G, IEC 60068-2-29|
|Vibration||2G, IEC 60068-2-6|
|Dimensions||4.2 in. x 7.9 in. x 4.9 in. (106mm x 201mm x 125mm)|
|Weight||1.94 lbs. (0.88kg), including battery|
|T198499||Flir T198499 Neck Strap for Flir T4xx/T4xxbx Series Thermal Imagers||
|T198509||FLIR T198509 Car Cigarette Lighter Adapter Kit||
|T910814||FLIR T910814 Power Supply Including Multiple Plugs||
|T198583||Flir T198583 Flir Tools+ Reporting Software Scratchcard (2 Users)||