- Measures suction/liquid line pressure and temperature to calculate and display superheat/subcooling
- Display pressure in PSI or kPa
- Display temperature in ºF or ºC
- Display superheat in ºF or ºC
- Display subcooling in ºF or ºC
- Compatible Refrigerants: R 134A, R 404A, R 410A, R 22
- Includes "T"
- Accepts K-type thermocouples. ATC1 included
- Magnetic hanger
- Thermocouple calibration pot on meter face
- Atmosphere pressure calibration
Most non-electrical HVACR problems are charge related. Many systems in operation are undercharged or overcharged. This can cause decreased efficiency and compressor failure. The higher the efficiency of a system, the more critical it is that it is charged properly. The Fieldpiece Superheat and Subcooling for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration meter, model SSX34, measures suction line, or low side, line temperature and pressure. It then calculates actual superheat in real time using built in P/T charts. It also measures liquid line, or high side, line temperature and pressure, and calculates actual subcooling. Use it to get actual superheat on R-22, R-410A, R-134A, and R-404A fixed orifice systems and actual subcooling on TXV / TEV regulated systems.
Use the "T" fitting to charge to actual superheat or subcooling by putting the SSX34 in-line between your refrigerant bottle and the system. Use it to monitor superheat and subcooling when recovering too.
Many AC system analyzers include PT charts you don't want or need. The SSX34 gives you actual superheat and subcooling in real time like the expensive analyzers do in a rugged, compact design. The SSX34 constantly displays refrigerant line pressure, toggles between line temp actual superheat, and actual subcooling for four of the most common refrigerants found in HVAC/R field service.