- Built-in non-contact Voltage detector with LED alert
- Unlike the MA620, the MA640 has the ability to measure both AC and DC current
- 1.5" (40mm) jaw size for conductors up to 500MCM -- 6000 count, backlit LCD display
- Multimeter functions include AC Current, AC/DC Voltage,Resistance, Capacitance, Frequency, Temperature, DutyCycle, Diode, and Continuity -- Relative Mode for Capacitance Zero and Offset Adjustment -- Data Hold and MIN/MAX
- Complete with test leads, Type K bead wire temperature probe (-4 to 482°F/-20 to 250°C), 9V battery and carrying case -- Auto Power Off
The Extech MA640 600A True RMS autoranging AC/DC clamp meter offers plant maintenance techs, electrical troubleshooters, and DIYers a test instrument that delivers a high level of performance and value. In addition to a host of advanced multimeter and current measurement capabilities, it also features a built-in, non-contact voltage (NCV) detector. Whether you are performing amp readings in a heavy-duty industrial setting or doing commercial electrical work, the 600A rating and ample 1.5 inches (40mm) jaw opening can accommodate most jobs, swallowing conductors up to 750 MCM. The large, illuminated, dual display is useful in poorly lit job sites, and the 4-digit (6,000 count) readout is complemented by a bargraph display to simulate an analog display. You can operate the meter with one hand, having a thumb-dial selector that is ergonomically placed off the side of the meter. The heart of the MA640 is an advanced digital multimeter. You can select auto- or manual-ranging and measurement functions cover all types of troubleshooting over and above noninvasive current probe measurements: voltage, resistance, capacitance, frequency, duty cycle, diode and continuity tests. Even measure temperature with the supplied Type K bead wire probe.