- Product Includes a Silent Intrusion Alarm add-on
- Compliance with IEEE Standard 450
- Compliance with National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) Article 64
- Compliance with Uniform Building Code (UBC) Section 6400
- Automatic Operation and Continuous 24/7 Monitoring
- Highly sensitive and stable solid state hydrogen sensor
- Sensitive photoelectric smoke detector module
- Internal thermostat for automatic exhaust fan control at 40° C (104° F) with �5° adjustable range
- Save insurance costs - reduce insurance premiums when placed in battery charging rooms
The Eagle Eye HGD-3000i Hydrogen Gas and Smoke Detector with included Silent Intrusion Alarm is designed for unattended battery installations or remote shelters containing gassing lead acid batteries and charging systems - most commonly found in the telecommunications and utility sectors. Other applications for hydrogen gas detection include forklift and golf cart charging areas, data centers, mission critical facilities, fire departments, and other battery charging rooms.
Lead-acid batteries on charge emit hydrogen gas after reaching the 80% recharge point. When mixed with enough air, hydrogen becomes a highly flammable gas that can ignite easily with just a spark, destroying equipment and harming personnel. The lower explosive level (LEL) for hydrogen is 4.1% by volume. The dangers of hydrogen gas explosion are eliminated by using the hydrogen gas detector. Hydrogen is colorless and odorless, the lightest of all gases and thus rises. The HGD-3000i hydrogen gas sensor should be installed at the highest, draft-free location of the room where hydrogen gas would accumulate.
The HGD3000i hydrogen gas detector comes standard for AC power supply: 85 � 265 V AC, 50/60 Hz. Custom Options are available for DC power supply (17 � 60 V DC or 12 V DC).