- Product includes 15 sensors for jars/cells
- Total Voltage: 120 V DC
- Low cost monitor for thermal runaway detection
- Monitors individual unit temperatures for thermal runaway conditions
- Ensures compliance with US IFC608.3
- Simple fail-safe change-over relay alarm interfaces (2)
- Bright LEDs pinpoint individual over-temperature jars
- Fast one-wire acid and gas tight IDC connections
- Sensor circuit break detection
- Alarm on power supply failure (fail-safe)
The Eagle Eye BTM-15C Battery Temperature/Thermal Runaway Monitor is a dependable low-cost solution to protecting stationary batteries against over-temperature and thermal runaway conditions. Individual sensors are quickly and securely attached to each battery jar and connected in series from the main unit. Each thermal runaway sensor is sealed to an IP68 rated-enclosure (water, gas and dust proof) and the provided special gel-filled connectors are also sealed against acid ingress, dust, and gasses.
The alarm relays are 'fail-safe', meaning the user will always get an indication of supply failure. Several batteries in the vicinity of each other may be connected in series to the same monitor. In the event of one or more jars exceeding critical temperature, or a break in sensor circuit, the monitor warning relay activates and the warming LED on the monitor is illuminated. Also, at the same time, an LED flashes on the sensor attached to the over-temperature battery jar, indicating the source of the fault. Should more than 6 jars exceed critical temperature, the system critical alarm relay activates - warning of a serious situation in the battery as a whole. The microprocessor utilized by the BTM15C updates change in conditions every four seconds.
Longer interconnections, such as shelf-to-shelf and rack-to-rack are simple to accommodate with standard 20SWG cable, and the IDC connectors provided; cable lengths are not sensitive. Sensor installation for a 40-jar battery will typically take less than an hour. The BTM-15C includes 15 sensors for jars/cells.
|BTM-Sensor||Eagle Eye BTM-Sensor Jar and Cell Sensor for Battery Temperature Monitors||