- Very high reliability at 80.000 hours MTBF
- Indicates status of both primary and backup generator
- Switches analog video, SDI and digital audio (balanced and unbalanced signals)
- Basic version has four channels, expandable up to 12 channels
- All unbalanced channels may be used for all signal types
- Any generator can be selected as primary or backup
- Error detection and indication on both primary and backup
- Local and remote operation with status indication
- Automatic or manual selection of primary or backup Sync Generator
- Continues operation with the selected Sync Generator in the event of complete power failure to the change-over unit
- Includes the interface cable between the two master sync generators and the change-over
The PT5211 master sync change-over is designed for use in both serial digital and analog television environment, including AES3 digital audio signals. The use of a change-over unit greatly improves the reliability of a single Master Sync Generator by having a backup unit ready for takeover in the event of an Master Sync Generator break down. In order to improve the reliability of the complete system it is essential to have a simple change-over unit. This ensures that the system reliability will not be compromised by the complexity of the change-over unit which then becomes the single point of failure.
The PT5211 master sync change-over unit automatically switches SDI, composite video, composite black burst, AES3 digital audio and LTC signals between the primary and the backup generator.|The change-over unit can be configured to fit the exact configuration of the Sync Generators used in connection with the change-over unit. The switching is done by means of relays with all channels switched simultaneously. The use of latching relays ensures that the Sync Generator selection remains unchanged in case of power failure on the change-over unit.
|PT 8617||DK-Technologies PT8617 2 BNC Change Over Channels||Not Available||
|PT 8618||DK-Technologies PT8618 2 XLR Change Over Channels||Not Available||