- Output Voltage: 300V
- Output Current: 20A at 0-150V, 10A at 0-300V
- Max Power: 2000VA
- Input Voltage: 190V to 250V, 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 16.5 in. x 5.2 in. x 22 in.
- Low total harmonic distortion meets the IEC 61000-3-2 standard
- Measures Vrms, Arms, Vdc, +Apk, -Apk, inrush current, frequency, power factor, apparent power, reactive power, true power, and crest factor
- 30 built-in THD waveforms
- Amplifier mode with 1.2 kHz bandwidth for generating user-defined arbitrary waveforms
- Step, List and Pulse modes for generating power line disturbance (PLD) simulations.
- List mode supports 10 user-defined programs with up to 100 programmable steps
- Digital I/O port supporting external trigger, transient indication, failure status indication, remote inhibit, RS232, and external analog output level programming interface
- Comprehensive protection modes OVP, OCP, OPP, OTP, fan failure, output timer and key lock
- LabVIEW™ driver and application software with soft panel for remote control available
- Control AC source from standard web browser via built-in web server
- Pre-compliance testing according to IEC61000-3-2 and IEC61000-4-11/14/28/34
- Simulate common grid faults, voltage dips and other disturbances
- Evaluate transformers, TRIACs, SCRs, and passive components
- Manufacturing and single-phase avionics testing
The BK Precision 9832 Programmable AC Power Source, 300V/20A, 2000 VA, 120VAC Line Input is a single-phase AC power source with an AC power of 2000 VA and an operating frequency range of 45-500 Hz. The low harmonic distortion meets the IEC 61000-3-2 standard, making this model ideal for pre-compliance testing. A variety of power line disturbances can be simulated using pulse, step, and list modes. Users can select from 30 built-in THD waveforms or generate user-defined harmonic waveforms with the included PC software. The instrument's capability can be extended further, by connecting an arbitrary waveform generator to the analog input.
The intuitive user interface features a numeric keypad, rotary knob, navigation keys, a 4.3-inch color LCD display capable of displaying 12 measurements simultaneously and a USB host port. All measurements and setting values are concurrently displayed on the screen including a graphical display of the output waveform. Additionally, LAN, USB, GPIB and RS232 interfaces are all standard. These AC sources can also be controlled from a standard web browser via built-in web server.
• Power Button
• USB Host Port
• Bright LCD Display
• Menu Function Keys
• Numeric Keypad
• Encoder Knob for quick analog style control
• Function Keys, LED Indicators, and Output On/Off
• Navigation Keys
• AC/DC Output Terminal
• Remote Sense Terminal
• Analog Connector (Amp mode)
• Digital Input/Output RS232, Analog Input to control Output Amplitude
• LAN Interface
• USB Interface
• GPIB Interface
• Chassis Ground
• AC Input Terminal
Intuitive User Interface
The numeric keys and rotary knob provide a convenient interface for setting output parameters quickly and precisely. All measurements and setting values are concurrently displayed on the screen including a graphical display of the output waveform. Up to 100 instrument settings can be saved and recalled to and from internal storage memory. Save screenshots and save/recall settings to the USB host interface.
• Pre-compliance testing according to IEC61000-3-2 and IEC61000-4-11/14/28/34 Simulate common grid faults, voltage clips and other disturbances
• Evaluate transformers, TRIACs, SCRs, and passive components
• Manufacturing and single-phase avionics testings
Adjustable AC/DC voltage levels, frequency and timing parameters allow for simulation of voltage drops and periodic power surges and sags. Step, pulse and list modes are used to generate complex power line disturbance simulations. Select from built-in waveforms or generate user-defined waveforms with the included PC software or by connecting an arbitrary waveform generator or the instrument's analog input.
Generate step-up or step-down output based on user-defined voltage, frequency, phase, and interval settings.
Pulse mode allows the generation of single or multiple pulses with user defined voltage, duty cycle, and phase. Either AC or DC (-424.0 to +424.0 V) output operation is supported.
List mode supports the generation of complex output sequences with varying time, amplitude, frequency, and voltage. Up to 100 steps in 10 programs can be saved and executed. This allows the user to build a wide range of waveforms to simulate power grid faults and disturbances.
Select sine, square, clipped sine or harmonic distortion waveforms. Set amplitude, frequency and phase.
The 9830 Series is capable of generating AC+DC waveforms. When operating in pulse, step and list mode, the AC signal can be combined with either a positive or negative DC offset voltage, allowing users to create a wide range of waveforms.
Built-In THD Waveforms
Select from 30 built-in THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) waveforms.
Arbitrary Waveform Generation in Amplifier Mode
To further extend the capabilities of the 9830 series, custom waveforms can be applied to the analog BNC input. The custom waveform can be created using WaveXpress™, a comprehensive stand-alone B&K Precision application, allowing users to easily generate, edit, and upload custom waveforms to an arbitrary waveform generator, which then drives the AC power source output. WaveXpressTM allows users to define waveforms by importing a csv file, define it freehand on the computer, or by importing a real-world waveform captured on a digital oscilloscope.
USER-DEFINED HARMONIC WAVEFORMS
Create harmonic waveforms by specifying the amplitude and phase of each harmonic up to the 40th order.
FRONT PANEL EMULATION
PC software is provided for front panel emulation, generating and executing List, Step, and Pulse modes, and logging measurement data without the need to write source code.
Built-in web server that allows users to configure, control, or monitor the basic settings of the power source from a remote computer using a web browser.
A helpful tool for electricians, technicians, engineers, students, hobbyists and anyone dealing with electrical power.
- Calculate DC power and single- or three-phase AC true power, reactive power, and apparent power
- Delta-wye transformation calculator
- AWG size calculator to determine wire diameter, cross-sectional area, and resistance
- Voltage drop calculator
- Ampacity table for insulated conductors per NEC Table 310.16
- Horsepower calculator for AC/DC motors
- THD harmonics calculator