- 8 Voltage settings: 240Vac, 4.2Vac, 35kV, 69kV, 115kV, 230kV, 345kV, and 500kV.
- High bright LED visual indication.
- Sound indication.
- Easy-to-prove method.
- Self-test selection.
- Use 3 × 1.5V C batteries.
- High impact nylon casing.
- Non-contact work by proximity.
- Compatible with most link sticks.
- Lightweight, robust, & compact.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Detects low voltage on any systems.
- Easy access to batteries.
- No special parts needed.
- Meets EN 61326-1 EN 55011 EN 61000-4-2 EN 61000-4-3.
- United States Design Patent : US D474, 705 S.
- Special ranges are available upon request.
- Expected test results (Laboratory testing):
- 240V Range: Operated from variable from 80V or depending on the type of source.
- 2kV Range: Operated from 250V.
- 6kV Range: Operated from 500V.
- 11kV Range: Operated from 1000V.
- 22kV Range: Operated from 1500V.
- 33kV Range: Operated from 4000V.
- 132kV Range: Operated from 8000V.
- 275kV Range: Operated from 22kV.
- BST-HVD17 Range: OFF-TEST-240Vac-4.2kV-35kV-69kV-115kV-230kV-345kV-500kV
The BESANTEK BST-HVD17 is a high voltage proximity detector. It has eight voltage detection settings from 240Vac to 500kV. The BST-HVD17 consists of an internal pickup sensor plate, a sensitivity selector, a visual and a sound annunciator. With the BST-HVD17, physical contact with electrical conductors is not necessary when testing for live lines. This BST-HVD17 works by proximity. Its sensor senses the radiated field which surrounds live conductors. Radiated field strength increases with voltage and decreases quickly with distance or earth shielding. The radiated field from a cable of closely bunched conductors supplied by three phase power tends to cancel (See Limitations of use paragraph). Detecting distance of a 250V ac single live wire is approximately 10cm. With a bunched neutral and earth cable, as in a flexible cable, the distance is reduced to 5cm. Some of the typical uses are: identify and check live cables; find fault in flexible cables; check earth equipment; service neon lightning; trace live wires; check high frequency radiation; detect residual or induced voltages. For example, faults in damaged flexible cables are found by applying low voltage to each conductor. Earthing the remainder and moving the tester along the cable until the change in condition is obtained. (Flexible cables which are used in mining and building industries, are readily repairable when the break in the cable is located). When testing for high voltage, the rotary switch (attenuator) is used to identify and differentiate various H.V. live cables. The detector must be used in conjunction with a long and insulation rod when measuring high voltage (kV). However, the BST-HVD17 is a non-contact tester and it is advised that the tester should never come into contact with cables (kV) as this tester is merely a non-contact AC proximity detector. Checking or proofing the tester is easy. Switch the sensitivity to 240V and place the dome against a low voltage live conductor or rub the dome with a cloth or against an item of clothing as this generates a static DC which triggers the detection of circuit. The light and beeper should go on as if a live wire is being.
|BST-HVD20-3||Besantek BST-HVD20-3 Telescopic Hot Stick, 3-Section, 1.48m Retracted to 3.82m Extended||
|BST-HVD20-4||Besantek BST-HVD20-4 Telescopic Hot Stick, 4-Section, 1.53m Retracted to 5.10m Extended||
|BST-HVD20-5||Besantek BST-HVD20-5 Telescopic Hot Stick, 5-Section, 1.58m Retracted to 6.42m Extended||
|BST-HVD20-6||Besantek BST-HVD20-6 Telescopic Hot Stick, 6-Section, 1.63m Retracted to 7.78m Extended||
|BST-HVD20-7||Besantek BST-HVD20-7 Telescopic Hot Stick, 7-Section, 1.68m Retracted to 9.18m Extended||
|BST-HVD20-8||Besantek BST-HVD20-8 Telescopic Hot Stick, 8-Section, 1.73m Retracted to 10.62m Extended||
|BST-HVD20-9||Besantek BST-HVD20-9 Telescopic Hot Stick, 9-Section, 1.78m Retracted to 12.09m Extended||