- Wire Tracer with Hard Case and Clamp accessory
- Locates and traces energized and de-energized wires in walls, floors, plastic conduit, cable shields and computer cables, without interrupting power
- Includes one universal transmitter that automatically switches to work with either energized or de-energized systems
- Receiver is not position sensitive so it doesn't require rotation for accurate readings
- Pinpoints shorts, breakers, neutrals, broken wires, and ground lines
- Does not interfere with sensitive electronic equipment, such as in hospitals and data centers
- Offers precise sensitivity adjustment
- Includes hard shell carrying case - CC-AT 4000, R-4000 receiver, transmitter T-4000-A, A2202 Clamp on Transmitter Accessory, 110V pigtail - banana plug cord set C2901, alligator clips - banana plug cord set C2902, grounding test lead 25' (7.6m) MTL-G, alligator clip for ground lead VRC-320, required batteries and user's manual
The Amprobe AT-4004-A wire tracer is one of the most advanced of all wire tracers. The AT-4004-A combines innovative technology and features to make wire tracing easy, fast, and precise, plus this model contains a clamp-on attachment to inject a signal without making contact with bare wire.
Use this electrical wire tracer for finding wires in walls, tracing energized wires and locating breakers without interrupting power. You can also use the AT4004A to find energized and de-energized wires, including broken and disconnected wires, and pinpoint shorts and ground faults.
Has two built in detectors that are tuned to pick up the 32.768Khz signals generated by the T-4000 transmitter. The R-4000 is designed to display the signal strength to enable quick locating of the conductor carrying the signal.
When connected to an energized circuit, the T-4000 will filter the low frequencies up to 400Hz and rapidly indicate on the display that the wire is energized. When the user starts the transmission, a combination of signals is injected on top of the 50, 60, or 400Hz that cause a slight, periodic current fluctuation and allows the power line to emit its own, traceable signal.
A2202 Clamp-On Transmitter Accessory
Enables the T-4000 to induce its signal onto an unenergized or energized circuit. Plug the A2202 into the T4000 and clamp it around any conductor in an unenergized circuit, or the hot wire in an energized circuit. The signal will be induced on top of the 50, 60, or 400Hz frequency which may be present. The AT2201 acts like a 1/2 Volt battery when clamped around a conductor. On a complete circuit this voltage will cause about 80mA of current to flow on top of the whatever frequency is present.
To increase the signal strength, loop the wire around the clamp a few times or use the (Optional) B2024 battery Pack. The A2202 will allow wire tracing without the need for direct connection.
|B2024||Amprobe B2024 Battery Pack for Advanced Wire Tracers||
|B2025||Amprobe B2025 Battery pack recharger with 110V Converter||
|FA-12.5A/500V||Amprobe FA-12.5A/500V 12.5A/500V, 6x32mm Fuse||