- Wire Tracer with hard case, clamp accessory, battery and charger
- Locates and traces energized and de-energized wires in walls, floors, plastic conduit, cable shields and computer cables without interrupting power
- Uses one universal transmitter that automatically switches to work with either energized or de-energized systems
- Comes with a battery booster to strengthen the signal for tracing on de-energized circuits
- Includes clamp-on attachment that injects the signal when access to bare wires is not available
- Receiver is not position sensitive so it doesn't require rotation for accurate readings
- Pinpoints shorts, breakers, neutrals, broken wires and ground lines
- Does not interfere with sensitive electronic equipment such as in hospitals and data centers
- Offers precise sensitivity adjustment
- Includes hard shell carrying case - CC-AT 4000, R-4000 receiver, transmitter T-4000-A, A2202 Calmp Accessory, 110V pigtail - banana plug cord set C2901, alligator clips - banana plug cord set C2902, grounding test lead 25ft. (7.6m) MTL-G, alligator clip for ground lead VRC-320, rechargeable battery pack B2024, battery pack recharger B2025, 9V battery for receiver and user's manual
The Amprobe AT-4005-A wire tracer is the most advanced of wire tracers. The AT-4005-A combines innovative technology and features to make wire tracing easy, fast, and precise. This model contains a clamp-on attachment to inject a signal without making contact with bare wire as well as a battery booster that strengthens the signal for open tracing.
Use this electrical wire tracer for finding wires in walls, tracing energized wires and locating breakers without interrupting power. You can also use the AT4005A to find energized and de-energized wires, including broken and disconnected wires, and pinpoint shorts and ground faults.
Has two built in detectors that are tuned to pick up the 32.768Khz signals generated by the T-4000 transmitter. The R-4000 is designed to display the signal strength to enable quick locating of the conductor carrying the signal.
When connected to an energized circuit, the T-4000 will filter the low frequencies up to 400Hz and rapidly indicate on the display that the wire is energized. When the user starts the transmission, a combination of signals is injected on top of the 50, 60, or 400Hz that cause a slight, periodic current fluctuation and allows the power line to emit its own, traceable signal.
A2202 Clamp-On Transmitter Accessory
Enables the T-4000 to induce its signal onto an unenergized or energized circuit. Plug the A2202 into the T4000 and clamp it around any conductor in an unenergized circuit, or the hot wire in an energized circuit. The signal will be induced on top of the 50, 60, or 400Hz frequency which may be present. The AT2201 acts like a 1/2 Volt battery when clamped around a conductor. On a complete circuit this voltage will cause about 80mA of current to flow on top of the whatever frequency is present.
To increase the signal strength, loop the wire around the clamp a few times or use the (Optional) B2024 battery Pack. The A2202 will allow wire tracing without the need for direct connection.
B2024 Battery Pack
24 Volt Nickel-Cadmium rechargeable cell custom designed for light weight, small size, and durability. Used to boost the output of the T-4000. Consult the specs for the boost levels. Includes a self-resetable fuse. Be sure to charge fully before use.
B2025 110V Converter/Recharger
Can be used to either recharge the B2024 or directly boost the T-4000. To recharge the battery, leave it connected for at least 8 hours.
|FA-12.5A/500V||Amprobe FA-12.5A/500V 12.5A/500V, 6x32mm Fuse||