- Test ground resistance using the 2 clamp method (no auxiliary rods needed)
- 2- and 4-Pole Bond Resistance/Continuity measurement (DC Resistance) with automatic polarity reversal
- 3-Pole Fall-of-Potential measurement with manual or automatic frequency selection
- 4-Pole Soil Resistivity measurement with automatic calculation of Rho (ρ) and user selection of the Wenner or Schlumberger test method
- 3-Pole Earth Coupling measurement
- Manual and Automatic frequency scan from 41 to 513Hz for optimum test accuracy in electrically noisy environments
- Selectable test voltage of 16 or 32V up to 250mA of test current
- Auto-off power management
- Automatic recognition of all electrode connections and their resistance value
- Stores up to 512 complete test results in internal memory
- Optically isolated USB communication
- Remote set up and operation of all measurements using DataView® software
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries from wall charger or vehicle power
- Rugged dustproof and rainproof field case – IP54 rated in closed position
- Grounding standards IEC 61557 parts 4 and 5 compliant
- Includes DataView software for data storage, real-time display, analysis, report generation and system configuration
The Ground Resistance Tester Model 6471 is a portable measurement instrument designed to measure Ground Resistance with 2 clamps (no auxiliary rods), Bond/Connection Resistance (2-Pole and 4-Pole Kelvin sensing), Ground Resistance (3-Pole or 4-Pole), Ground Coupling Resistance, and Selective Ground Resistance, Soil Resistivity (Wenner or Schlumberger method). The Model 6471 measures from 0.01 to 99.99kΩ and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range, test frequency and test current. Easy-to-use - Simply connect the leads, select the test mode, press Start and read the results. Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or downloaded to a PC via DataView® software.
The Model 6471 is Cat IV rated to 50V and is over voltage protected to more than 250VAC against accidental connection to live circuits. The voltage is also displayed on screen. In the event of a system fault, the Model 6471 can withstand 250VAC.
Additional features of the Model 6471 include a heavy-duty field case sealed against dust and water when closed (the test button is also sealed against the elements); manual and automatic test frequency selection from 41 to 513Hz; user selectable 3-Pole Fall of Potential or 4-Pole Soil Resistivity test methods and user selectable 2-Pole or 4-Pole Bond Resistance test method. The Ground Resistance Tester Model 6471 is rugged, easy-to-use and ideal for maintenance crews performing numerous tests. It exceeds mechanical and safety specifications for shock, vibration and drop tests per IEC standards. The adjustable test frequency provides for rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under difficult conditions such as high stray currents that affect accuracy.
4-Point Bond Test
The 4-Point Bond test displaying lead connections, bond resistance test results, test voltage and current.
3-Point Fall-of-Potential Test
The 3-Point Fall-of-Potential test displaying test lead connection, grounding electrode resistance, test voltage and frequency.
The 2-Clamp method displays clamp connection resistance, test current and frequency.
Memory Recall displays test results stored at a specific memory location.
The Schlumberger test displays test lead connection, soil resistivity (ρ) test results, test electrode resistance and more.
The Wenner test displays test lead connection, soil resistivity (ρ) test results, electrode spacing and resistance.
|MN82||AEMC MN82 AC Current Probe, (#MN82)||
|SR182||AEMC SR182 (2135.72) AC Current Probe For Models 6471 and 6472||
|Data Sheet:||(330 KB)|