- 4-Pole (4-Point) Fall-of-Potential measurement for very low resistance measurements with manual or automatic frequency selection and automatic lead compensation
- 3-Point Fall-of-Potential measurement3-Point earth coupling measurement
- Manual or automatic frequency scan from 40 to 513Hz for test accuracy in electrically noisy environments
- Earth coupling testing
- Selectable test voltage 16 or 32V up to 250mA test current
- 4-Point soil resistivity measurement with automatic calculation of Rho and user selection of Wenner or Schlumberger test method
- 2- and 4-Wire DC resistance measurement (Bond testing) with automatic polarity reversal
- Auto-off power management
- Automatic recognition of all electrode connections and their resistance value
- Stores up to 512 complete test results in internal memory
- Optically isolated USB communication
- Remote set up and operation of all measurements using DataView software supplied
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries from wall charger or vehicle power
- Rugged dustproof and rainproof field
- Includes DataView software
- 3-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. 3-Point measurements are used when electrode or grid can be easily disconnected.
- 4-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation.
- Touch and step potential testing measurements. These tests are recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the “footprint” of grounded equipment (the outline of the part of equipment in contact with earth) is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
- 2- or 4-Wire tests for continuity tests on bonding or on grounding systems. Test is a DC resistive test using 250mA or more and is used to check bonding of all connection points on the ground system.
- Earth coupling measurement and display. Used to estimate the influence of two earth resistance systems that are not connected to each other
The AEMC 6470-B KIT-500FT 6470-B Kit - 500 ft. 3 & 4-Point/Multi-Function Ground Tester performs grounding resistance, earth coupling measurement, soil resistivity and bonding tests. This direct reading tester measures from 0.01 to 99,000Ω, and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range test current and test frequency. Easy-to-use — simply connect the leads, select the test mode, Press-to-Measure and read the results. Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or download to a PC for analysis and hard copy reports.
The AEMC 6470-B KIT-500FT 6470-B Kit - 500 ft. 3 & 4-Point/Multi-Function Ground Tester is a complete kit form, which includes instrument, two 500 ft color-coded leads on spools (red and blue), two 100 ft color-coded leads (green and black), one 30 ft lead (green), four 14.5" T-shaped auxiliary ground electrodes, one set of five spaded lugs, 100 ft tape measurer and carrying bag.
- 1 - NiMH batteries
- 1 - Optically isolated USB cable
- 1 - DataView software
- 1 - External battery charger
- 1 - AC Power cord
- 1 - User manual
- 2 - 500 ft color-coded leads on spools (red and blue)
- 2 - 100 ft color-coded leads on spools (green and black)
- 1 - 30 ft lead (green)
- 4 - 14.5" T-shaped auxiliary ground electrodes
- 1 - Set of five spaded lugs
- 1 - 100 ft tape measure
- 1 - Carrying case