- Accuracy 1% of Reading
- TRMS measurements when connected to a TRMS instrument
- No core saturation or damage if overloaded
- Waterproof sensor
- Shape Memory for custom pre-shaping of sensor before use
- Very high frequency response
- Low phase shift for power measurements
- Insensitive to DC, measures only AC component on DC + AC signals
- Excellent linearity
- Measurement range is 5 - 300A
- Output signal is 100mV/A and 10mV/A
- Sensor length is 24"
AEMC AmpFlex™ is a flexible AC current probe composed of a flexible sensor and an electronic module. The flexible sensor permits measurements on conductors where standard clamp-on probes cannot be used. In particular, it can be installed in tight spaces, around cable bundles, around wide or large bus bars, or even wrapped around irregular shapes. The Shape Memory feature enables the user to pre-shape the sensor before inserting it between or around conductors. This feature facilitates positioning the sensor around the conductor, enhances user safety, and alleviates the drooping effect associated with other flexible sensors. The AmpFlex™ is lightweight and does not use magnetic cores like standard transformers. The transformation principle is based on an air core. It presents virtually no load to the system under test, has a low phase shift and excellent frequency response, and cannot be damaged by current over-loads. The sensor assembly is water-proof and insulated for 1000V working voltage. The AmpFlex™meets EN 61010and is CE marked. The AmpFlex™ has a mV output proportional to the current measured for direct readings on DMMs, loggers, oscilloscopes and power or harmonic meters. The length of the flexible sensor can be selected from 24" (450mm) to 60"(1520mm).Longer lengths are available.